Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MW3 - Buy Doritios; Level Up

Options
  • 07-10-2011 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83,331 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/09/26/level-up-in-modern-warfare-3-with-mountain-dew-and-doritos.aspx
    For years Mountain Dew and Doritos have done nothing but make us fat, now they’re finally good for something.
    Playing the game isn’t the only way to increase your rank in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. When you buy specially marked products of Mountain Dew or Doritos you’ll receive special codes that unlock DewXP.
    A 20 oz of Mountain Dew will get you 15 minutes worth of double XP in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, while a 12-pack is worth 45 minutes. Consumers will also have the chance to win subscriptions to Call of Duty: Elite, a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Call of Duty themed merchandise, and more.
    We reported on this story a month ago, but it looks like the contest if finally kicking off. Check out the official rules page for more details.
    [Source: Destructoid]

"This promotion teaches kids a valuable lesson: that anything you can achieve through hard work, you can also just buy." -Stephen Colbert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Proof that only fat losers play MW games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Proof that only fat losers play MW games.

Saucer of milk? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Just when I thought these games couldn't become more of a joke.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Heart failure killstreak YUSSSSSSSS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Heart failure killstreak HNNNNNNNNNNGH

FYP. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Let the derping beg continue.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Diabete's Achievement UNLOCKED!

*win*

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

... what.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

As if us gamers needed another reason to be unhealthy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

1317338318916.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Nice to see the skill being put back into these games.

1317579511009.jpg

Real men drink Coke and play Battlefield 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

I don't see why people are so annoyed by this idea. If I could get all the guns in Team Fortress 2 from eating Doritos that would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

20oz, looks to me this is another case of Only in America, or Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Call of duty could they actually turn it anymore of a joke?

Call of duty could they actually turn it anymore of a joke?

Well who wouldn't want a nice cool, refreshing Pepsi to get the taste of Activision's cock out of your mouth!?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,331 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ríomhaire wrote: »
    I don't see why people are so annoyed by this idea. If I could get all the guns in Team Fortress 2 from eating Doritos that would be awesome.
    no comparison, most tf2 items are for giggles.

im the proud owner of the saxton hale hat:

96px-Heavy_saxton_mask.png

little did I know its actually one of the rarest hats in the game, or, it's at least among the rarest achievements in the game: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/TF2/achievements/

aint nobody taking my saxton hale heavy with a bag of doritos.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Well who wouldn't want a nice cool, refreshing Pepsi to get the taste of Activision's cock out of your mouth!?

as opposed to EA, that indie publisher?

krudler wrote: »
    as opposed to EA, that indie publisher?

EA aren't without their faults, I'm just glad they actually shelled out the cash for a new engine instead of a retarded Doritos and Pepsi advertising campaign. 2012 is gonna be a good year of childhood and adolescent obesity. 13-15 year olds in North America are their target demographic afterall.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    no comparison, most tf2 items are for giggles.

im the proud owner of the saxton hale hat:

96px-Heavy_saxton_mask.png

little did I know its actually one of the rarest hats in the game, or, it's at least among the rarest achievements in the game: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/TF2/achievements/

aint nobody taking my saxton hale heavy with a bag of doritos.
    People are complaining because you can buy Doritios to get the weapons in MW3 twice as fast as people who aren't buying them. In TF2 you can pay money to get all the weapons instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Makes me think of that episode of south park where the boys try to beat that guy in world of warcraft and sit in munching doritos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Deus Ex allowed you to recover health using soda so why not MW3?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

shanered wrote: »
    Makes me think of that episode of south park where the boys try to beat that guy in world of warcraft and sit in munching doritos.

jTDhi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Headshot wrote: »
    jTDhi.jpg

not this one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

People are complaining because you can buy Doritios to get the weapons in MW3 twice as fast as people who aren't buying them. In TF2 you can pay money to get all the weapons instantly.

A good point.

Not sure what to make of it over all though. I hope it does not become a trend. GoW3 also had a promotion with JackintheBox for weapon skins earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,331 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

While true isn't there more of a progression in weapon types in MW3? All of the weapons in TF2 are rather balanced in such a way as you won't see any one class or weapon cheesed. The only exception I think right now perhaps is the Deus Ex rifle being extremely popular among snipers. But even that seems like a popularity not a balance issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Overheal wrote: »
    While true isn't there more of a progression in weapon types in MW3? All of the weapons in TF2 are rather balanced in such a way as you won't see any one class or weapon cheesed. The only exception I think right now perhaps is the Deus Ex rifle being extremely popular among snipers. But even that seems like a popularity not a balance issue.

not really tbh, you can beast with the default setups if you know what you're doing. most of the guns I use are the stuff you get early on.

I dont get the hate for this tbh, people can get more xp, alright then? they'll be on a higher level than me, doesnt mean they're a better player. if anything anyone in COD who has level 10 symbols are easy targets as they're probably hackers or boosters.

krudler wrote: »
    not really tbh, you can beast with the default setups if you know what you're doing. most of the guns I use are the stuff you get early on.

I dont get the hate for this tbh, people can get more xp, alright then? they'll be on a higher level than me, doesnt mean they're a better player. if anything anyone in COD who has level 10 symbols are easy targets as they're probably hackers or boosters.

I think people's beef with this whole promotion is that it's the epitome of selling out; I don't think anyone's too fussed over the extra XP other people are getting. If my favourite band started selling off exclusive songs in select packs of Doritos or Pepsi I'd be pretty pissed off too.

• Advertisement

I think people's beef with this whole promotion is that it's the epitome of selling out; I don't think anyone's too fussed over the extra XP other people are getting. If my favourite band started selling off exclusive songs in select packs of Doritos or Pepsi I'd be pretty pissed off too.
    Activision aren't selling exclusive guns. They're selling the same guns faster. Valve is the one who just gave away an exclusive hat in the latest issue of PC Gamer. This is not like your example because what you get from the Doritos is not exclusive. It would be more like the band sold a song that was available with packets of Doritos a few days before general release.

Advertisement