Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appartment to let

Options
  • 07-10-2011 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello everyone!
    I am a newbie on this forum so I'm sorry if this topic is not in the right section.
    On the 1st of November I'm coming to Ireland, Cork to live here. I will work in the Atrium building. Can you tell me where I should let an apartment in order to be not far from work? I have no idea what district is safe and what isn't.
    I don't have driver's license so the apartment should be in the walking distance from work.
    Thank you in advance for all the answers. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Miss_Lia wrote: »
    Hello everyone!
    I am a newbie on this forum so I'm sorry if this topic is not in the right section.
    On the 1st of November I'm coming to Ireland, Cork to live here. I will work in the Atrium building. Can you tell me where I should let an apartment in order to be not far from work? I have no idea what district is safe and what isn't.
    I don't have driver's license so the apartment should be in the walking distance from work.
    Thank you in advance for all the answers. :)

Do you mean: Atrium Business Centre, Blackpool Business Park, Cork?

You can use Daft to search for apartments in that area!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Blackpool is only about 15 mins walking from the city center (or 5 on a bike) and I know a couple of people working in the same building and who are living in the city center. (They also work nights so they have probably seen the route at its worst). Also the route between the city center and Blackpool has a number of apartment blocks on it which would all be pretty safe and pretty nice. On both the left and the right of Blackpool you have Mayfield and Fairfield which AFAIK are meant to be a bit rougher.

Daft.ie is definitely the website you should be looking at though, it is where most of the property in Ireland is advertised.

Welcome to Cork and good luck in your new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I'd advise staying in a hostel or B&B until you get your bearings and to give yourself time to see what suits you best.
    There's a nice B&B at the end of Dublin Hill, I thlnk it's called Corbetts, it might be worth a try for a few days.
    Good luck and welcome to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

A lot of people working there rent in Opera Lane which is in the city centre (well a lot of those working in the place that develop games for computers)
    20 mins walk to work(I wouldn't walk it after 9 PM)
    15 mins to train
    Most bus routes very close-by
    Taxi rank outside the door
    Apartments 2'yrs old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Miss_Lia

Thank you very much for all your answers and information.

• Advertisement
Advertisement