Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports: Banned from Rugby

• 07-10-2011 2:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭

The mod justsomebloke banned me from Rugby because he said that I was "uncivil".
    I thought I stated my opinions clearly and used examples to back them up.
    Please have a look at this for me

eyescreamcone

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

For those interested I have copied my post below:

I know this is a rugby forum but are you lot serious??
    There is very little interest in the Rugby World Cup and Ireland's involvement in it.

I remember living in England during the 2002 world cup and going to an early door pub to watch Rep of Ireland V Germany (1-1) 7am ko. I don't see much of this type of enthusiasm going on, even in Ireland for your heroes. Certainly you could never compare the rugby experience with Italia 90 or USA 94.

Rugby is still an elitist sport!!!
    Look where the squad members are coming from.
    Clongowes Wood College are very well represented.
    I rest my case!!!

From Cork City PBC and CBC, the only fee paying schools in the city, are represented. This has been the same since the sport began.

It's not the Ulster boys or the Irelands Call thing that makes me feel disassociated with the team, it's that I honestly feel that the players do not represent me/my family and where I come from in Cork.

So when the OP comes out with statements that rugby's popularity is soaring I laugh. I won't be getting up to watch your 'heroes' tomorrow.
    If they were playing in my back garden I'd draw the curtains.

My team, the Republic of Ireland, play tonight.
    I won't miss that one or any game that they play in.
    I mightn't be able to afford to go to the Aviva Stadium as much as I'd like but my support for my team is still unwavering.

Interesting to see how many of Trap boys went to posh schools???

Also, I couldn't let the opportunity pass without commenting on the "cheaters sport" comment. What a laugh!

Nobody cheats in Rugby??
    Nobody changes the ball before a goal kick???
    Nobody cheats in the scrum???
    Nobody tries to stick their fingers in another player's eye???
    Nobody ever deliberately makes a high tackle???
    Nobody ever uses fake blood to fool the ref into allowing a blood sub???

In athletics and cycling there have been numerous cases of drug cheats.
    Similarly in NFL and baseball.

Yet Football is the one described as the cheaters sport confused.gif
    All players in professional sports are looking for an edge and thus will try everything to help themseves to win. Please don't believe that the Corinthian amateur spirit still lives within rugby union.

Enjoy your experience in what to me is a mickey mouse tournament unworthy of the term "World Cup".
    Only 8 countries could be described as anyway decent.
    And rugby is a very minor sport in all but 1 of those 8.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hi,

I have had a look at the thread and to be honest if I were to wright an ABC post on how to troll a forum your post would be it.Be honest with yourself,on the Eve of one of the biggest Rugby games in years for Ireland what does your post add to the forum..?

Dub13

Dub13 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have had a look at the thread and to be honest if I were to wright an ABC post on how to troll a forum your post would be it.Be honest with yourself,on the Eve of one of the biggest Rugby games in years for Ireland what does your post add to the forum..?

Dub13

It adds an alternative viewpoint.

Maybe we shouldn't all say "rugby is great" and jump on the bandwagon.
    Surely there is room for unbelievers

I still don't think I was uncivil either.

I don't think I should be banned for having a different point of view.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

V Eight, I've deleted your post. Please do not post here again, this thread does not concern you.

Other views are welcome,but its the way you went about it attacking many aspects of the game.This added nothing to the thread and in fact maybe it helped turn it into a Willy waving competition.

I am coming from a soccer background and can see this was not the way to approach this thread.I think there is the makings of a good debate on this subject,but not with accusations of cheating,elitist claims etc etc.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »

Other views are welcome,but its the way you went about it attacking many aspects of the game.This added nothing to the thread and in fact maybe it helped turn it into a Willy waving competition.

I am coming from a soccer background and can see this was not the way to approach this thread.I think there is the makings of a good debate on this subject,but not with accusations of cheating,elitist claims etc etc.

Firstly, I was banned for being uncivil.

Any talk about cheating was as a rebuttal to the op who described football as the cheaters sport

The elitist claims are 100% correct and I used facts to back this up

Firstly, I was banned for being uncivil.

Any talk about cheating was as a rebuttal to the op who described football as the cheaters sport

The elitist claims are 100% correct and I used facts to back this up

Uncivil is a nice way of saying trolling.

I am not getting into an argument with you about facts & figures thats not the point.The point is you entered a thread and added nothing to it,even if subjects were been discussed before you made an appearance you took it to a new level.The mods are all experienced and understand the forum and were it would have went if they let your comments go unpunished,so they rightly took action.

So for me its a closed case.As per the Dispute Resolution process feel free to ask for an Admin to look into this as the last stage.

Dub13

We'll have to agree to disagree so.
    I do not understand why differnces of opinion can not be accomodated.
    No fun if we are all singing from the same hymnsheet

It's enough to drive a poster elsewhere

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement