Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems? Ideas? We want them!!

Options
  • 07-10-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We're part of a final year enterprise group from DCU and we want to hear your opinions. Is there any product you would like to see on Irish shelves? Is there a service you want? We want to know about it! If you have a problem and believe there is a product that could help but you can't think of it, tell us we want to hear it all!!!

Any and all comments are much appreciated, we really need every idea possible!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

This post reminds me of a section of the new website announced the other day.... worldirish.com

Usually the kind of people who have ideas are Entrepreneurs.

Why would they come on a Public Forum or contact someone to give away an idea?
    Especially now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Thanks EIRE!

We're not looking to take someone's new business ideas at all, the purpose of this thread was mainly to get people to suggest anything they wish existed but doesn't yet, and we would like to see if some of them could be possible. Anything crazy or whacky that people want, we want to know about it!!! One of the comments we were given the other day was for a small purse that can hold the same amount of things as a handbag, particularly for girls' nights out.

Really we're interested in what people have to say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Mylesie

This post reminds me of a section of the new website announced the other day.... worldirish.com

Usually the kind of people who have ideas are Entrepreneurs.

Why would they come on a Public Forum or contact someone to give away an idea?
    Especially now.
    Talking about Worldirish.com - Will it go any further than Campaign Ireland which produced very little? I signed up yesterday and working through the new-found site for a forum, came across "NED TALK" whatever that is - Google Ned Talk for enlightment! mind you it could be an age thing with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Ok i would like a car that runs on water that is capable of over 200 miles per tank fill.. and costs under 20,000 euros please..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Pick up and delivery dry cleaners who arrive when they say, not within a 3 hour window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JMannie

Hi all,

We're part of a final year enterprise group from DCU and we want to hear your opinions. Is there any product you would like to see on Irish shelves? Is there a service you want? We want to know about it! If you have a problem and believe there is a product that could help but you can't think of it, tell us we want to hear it all!!!

Any and all comments are much appreciated, we really need every idea possible!!

Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

We're part of a final year enterprise group from DCU

I'm trying to decide if I should be worried that a final year college group can't come up with innovative ideas of their own. Or if I should be impressed that you were enterprising enough to delegate a whole college project to a discussion board and then head off to the pub :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Sorry for dragging up the thread, but just thought I would give everyone an update!

Firstly a big thanks for the suggestions and comments, they really helped stir the creative juices (even those not meant to) :)

In the end we came up with a shortlist of three ideas:
    1. Paperless receipting - whereby all of your receipts could be sent online, "in the cloud", by the stores and customers have an easy and eco-friendly way to store them all. We ruled this out mainly due to the sheer cost of start-up (lots of technology and capital investment required)

2. A Lupini-based vegetarian restaurant and butchers - Due to the shortage of vegetarian options in Irish restaurants (harsh over-generalisation I know) we saw a gap in the market for a vegetarian restaurant. Due to people trying to eat healthily and the success of the http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/vegetarian-butchers-make-a-killing veggie-butcher in Holland we thought there was potential there. We decided to rule this out due to high failure rate of start-up restaurants and because it was a bit of a boring option...

**3**. Cent_for_Change - A not for profit organisation which allows people to make easy, small donations every month through their bank accounts. Working in partnership with banks a service will be provided whereby the loose cents at the end of the month are cleared from your balance and donated to charity (for example if you had a balance of €125.43 then the 43 cents are donated). This means that there is a maximum amount of €11.88 donated every year with minimal effort.

As you can probably tell we chose option 3 and are now currently conducting market research into it (we are meeting with two of the major high street banks this week and are conducting a focus group this weekend).

If anyone has managed to get to the bottom of this ridiculously long post (and if mods allow?) we would really really appreciate it if you could complete our survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/centforchange !!

Thanks in advance guys :)

Advertisement