Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio broadcast?

Options
  • 07-10-2011 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Does anyone know if the match tomorrow is being broadcast on the radio? not happy about having to work but still.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

RTE radio 1.
    Not to be missed. Corky is the best match commentator by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Baldy_Paulie

Cheers lad, had checked their listings but thought there could be a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

JustinDee wrote: »
    RTE radio 1.
    Not to be missed. Corky is the best match commentator by a country mile.

No he is not, he is probably the most biased commentator I have ever heard on any station.

People complain about the UK stations, this guy is 100 times worse.

He is a disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

No he is not, he is probably the most biased commentator I have ever heard on any station.

He is a disgrace

In your opinion. I gave mine. He is entertaining and for somebody who has never played the game of a substantial level, his rugby knowledge exceeds many who man the mike in other broadcasts.
    There are very few 'neutral' commentators. However I don't have thin skin so this doesn't bother me.

Lighten up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

He is a disgrace

Who would you recommend then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Baldy_Paulie

I honestly dont care who is commentating or how biased they are, so long as I get to hear them say "Ireland are thru to the semi final"..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

he's enthusiastic i give him that

but he is biased

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

JustinDee wrote: »
    In your opinion. I gave mine. He is entertaining and for somebody who has never played the game of a substantial level, his rugby knowledge exceeds many who man the mike in other broadcasts.
    There are very few 'neutral' commentators. However I don't have thin skin so this doesn't bother me.

Lighten up.

Great moment during his commentary for Ireland v Scotland during the 6 nations:

"and the ball is kicked along the ground by Sexton. Actually it wasn't Sexton, but they all look the same"

:D

If you have a phone with the "tunein" internet radio app, there's a NZ station called Sport Talk which can have some interesting commentary!

Advertisement