Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dump for old furniture?

Options
  • 07-10-2011 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Does anyone know what I can do with old furniture?

I have a sofa I want rid of, but, the dump in Kyletalesha I think is only for dump-truck type household rubbish (I could be very wrong on this, as I've never been).

Is there somewhere else to bring a dead sofa?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I'm pretty sure you can just take it to the dump in a trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I think MickShamrock is right- only thing is you'll pay for it.
    www.laois.ie
    You can buy a keyfob in Laois Council office and top it up online and go directly to dump with your rubbish- it's pay per weight, works out about €100 max per year for us,way cheaper than having contractor collecting our rubbish.
    Recycling is €3 per visit for unlimited amount of recyclable items-which is good value.
    I'd imagine that if your sofa falls into rubbish category,you'd be taking first option.
    What I'd do is take sofa apart,make it as small as possible(!) than dispose of the recyclable metal parts,burn any wood and get rid of rest whatever way you normally would.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dublinbogger

i have one of those single axle tipping trailer jobs and i goto dump every four months does anyone know how much its working out in laois landfill for one, offaly co co was charging €57 for load

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭domkk

advertise it on jumbletown.ie . its free and someone will take it off your hands if still in a reasonable condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Hey,
    Does anyone know what I can do with old furniture?

I have a sofa I want rid of, but, the dump in Kyletalesha I think is only for dump-truck type household rubbish (I could be very wrong on this, as I've never been).

Is there somewhere else to bring a dead sofa?

dump is very expensive i have used these guys a couple of times very reasonable and friendly

Collins Furniture Removal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ilikeyourma

dump is very expensive i have used these guys a couple of times very reasonable and friendly

Collins Furniture Removal

Thanks!

Advertisement