Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Laptop

Options
  • 07-10-2011 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

A friend of mine got her laptop stolen yesterday. It got stolen at around 2 o clock by the computers in the science hub.
    It was a new Dell inspiron, shes offering a reward if its returned.
    If anyone knows anything could they please message me, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

It was found! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Well worth the money in my opinion: http://www.gadgettrak.com/

My MacBook has 3 seperate independant tracking systems onboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

ironclaw wrote: »
    Well worth the money in my opinion: http://www.gadgettrak.com/

My MacBook has 3 seperate independant tracking systems onboard.

If it's simply software it can easily be thrown away. The problem with much of these solutions is that any thief with half a brain could deactivate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

It was found! :)

How? Where? Who? When? What? Why? Which?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

Don't know the exact details.. but some girl rang up my friend while she was back home on saturday evening to tell her she had it! It was her birthday saturday aswell.. so its a pretty good unexpected birthday present :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

TDOie wrote: »
    If it's simply software it can easily be thrown away. The problem with much of these solutions is that any thief with half a brain could deactivate it.

Under Mac you can password protect the boot, firmware options and the folders to an unbelievable degree, so it's solid. I'd rather pay €79 and get the opportunity to kick someone's door in if nothing else :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Boot password on a mac is amazingly secure - a little too secure, almost. As in, if you forget the password, you've just bricked your mac.

Advertisement