Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steyr Pro Hunter before and after

Options
  • 07-10-2011 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭

Well got bored of the drab colour of my Steyr:(, so instead of trading I got this done, ****ing delighted :D. Thanks Gun Happy;)

Honest opinions now folks, I am thick skinned, I can take it:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Constab2

That looks class well wear,I suppose you will sell it now next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

That is class looking, nice work gunhappy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Constab2 wrote: »
    That looks class well wear,I suppose you will sell it now next week

Ooooooooooooooooooooh:D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭podge.243
    Paul Murphy

Oh very nice:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

nice job although not the colors i would go for, i have bin thinking about getting my new .243 build done in a drab olive or some variant of that.

great to see someone trying it out. i am guessing it is duracoat.

• Advertisement

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    nice job although not the colors i would go for, i have bin thinking about getting my new .243 build done in a drab olive or some variant of that.

great to see someone trying it out. i am guessing it is duracoat.

it is duracoat, Tactical Coyote Browne, and Tactical Desert Beige, I thought the Green was a bit too dark, maybe combined with another ccolour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

it is duracoat, Tactical Coyote Browne, and Tactical Desert Beige, I thought the Green was a bit too dark, maybe combined with another ccolour

i will be waiting until i get my stock built before i decide what color i will go for. i might even go for a pattern.
    all in good time though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Like Poulo I wouldn't have gone for those colours, but to each their own. In saying that, it really has turned out well, and it's a very big improvement on the original! Well wear :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

:Dreally like it not sure about barell colour but like the stock.tri colour stock would be nice too???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

looks class lad, is that your stalking rifle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

So you are expecting alot of snow /artic weather conditions for Ireland this Winter??:D Its a brilliant snow cammo job!
    Well wear with it:):)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

he done a great job on it really looks well, as they say a change is as good as a rest,
    were you tempted to put a disruptive desert pattern on the barrel?
    best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Ghost.

The paint job looks super. Its a great job. It makes a world of difference from what the rifle looked like in the first place.
    Id just be worried that it would start to flake and chip after a few shots and a bit of wear. Then it might look ****e.
    I hope it dosent, it would be a shame. Would it be an easy touch up job if it did?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

Ooh not my cup of tea at all :(

To me a rifle is a functional practical tool, my steyr is black and staying black.

But then each to there own, no fear of you confusing it with someone elses !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Repins

Looks nice, did you do it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Is there some way that you can reduce the size of the images? My screen is not the same size as your rifle.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

tac foley wrote: »
    Is there some way that you can reduce the size of the images? My screen is not the same size as your rifle.

tac

Pics are normal size when I open them, but when I tried to paste them into this reply they were very big.

Normally, 500kb or less comes out OKUnless you are using a mobile phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Pics are normal size when I open them, but when I tried to paste them into this reply they were very big.

Normally, 500kb or less comes out OKUnless you are using a mobile phone?

Those are massive and my screen has a high resolution 19 hundred & something by whatever, would need 4 screens to see one pic in the above quote.

Well got bored of the drab colour of my Steyr:(, so instead of trading I got this done, ****ing delighted :D. Thanks Gun Happy;)

Honest opinions now folks, I am thick skinned, I can take it:p

I was thinking of coating my rifle drab olive or a variant of green to match the stock.

Although Barbed wire scratched my Duracoated stock :(

johngalway wrote: »
    Those are massive and my screen has a high resolution 19 hundred & something by whatever, would need 4 screens to see one pic in the above quote.

When I click on the Link it opens in another Tab and only is 1/4 size, I tried copy them in and they were huge.
    when I size pics I normally resize pic 25% and it does the trick

• Advertisement

Well, Sir - I have a 24" screen, and the butt-piece alone occupies ALL of it.

Never mind, I get the idea - it's sort of off-white/grey, right?

Ideal for shooting in much of Canada any time after October 1st.

So long as YOU like it, it's a never-mind as far as other folks opinions are concerned.

tac

tac foley wrote: »
    Well, Sir - I have a 24" screen, and the butt-piece alone occupies ALL of it.

Never mind, I get the idea - it's sort of off-white/grey, right?

Ideal for shooting in much of Canada any time after October 1st.

So long as YOU like it, it's a never-mind as far as other folks opinions are concerned.

tac

Well I have a Notebook with a small screen, I think how it opens has something to do with your windows settings, as when I copy and paste the URL into the image insert icon on this the pic opens huge.
    177246.jpg
    God bless computers Eh!

I'll try resize it

looks class lad, is that your stalking rifle?

Yep

4gun wrote: »
    he done a great job on it really looks well, as they say a change is as good as a rest,
    were you tempted to put a disruptive desert pattern on the barrel?
    best of luck with it

I was tempted

Ghost. wrote: »
    The paint job looks super. Its a great job. It makes a world of difference from what the rifle looked like in the first place.
    Id just be worried that it would start to flake and chip after a few shots and a bit of wear. Then it might look ****e.
    I hope it dosent, it would be a shame. Would it be an easy touch up job if it did?

Its a proper oven baked on duracoat paint job.

Repins wrote: »
    Looks nice, did you do it yourself.

No gunhappy done it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

ormondprop wrote: »
    That is class looking, nice work gunhappy

Going down to gunhappy next weekend too,for a duracoatjob.
    Not hard to see its done by a pro:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

that is deadly:cool:

Me like it.

Me take it home to Ontario this winner.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭J. Ramone

Going down to gunhappy next weekend too,for a duracoatjob.
    Not hard to see its done by a pro:D

You could get the rifle done too! - sorry couldn't resist

Advertisement