Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steyr Pro Hunter before and after

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

J. Ramone wrote: »
    You could get the rifle done too! - sorry couldn't resist

:D:D:D:D:DHa got there before me,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

GH did my rifle as well and it's been a while since it was done. Really hard wearing finish and his work was flawless. Happily recommend him to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Duracoat or ceracoat are hard wearing when applied right....but can't match the hardness of a stone or barb wire.
    The good thing about a painted rifle....you can get it resprayed after a few years and it'll look like new again.
    I've also tried out a few tan colour variations, something different.
    edi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

:D:D:D:D:DHa got there before me,

well you think i want to camopaint my car,very funny:rolleyes: he he

J. Ramone wrote: »
    You could get the rifle done too! - sorry couldn't resist

did you have a pint or two tonight,he he.
    Offcourse its my rifle:D
    Going down to get it done next weekend;)

• Advertisement

well you think i want to camopaint my car,very funny:rolleyes: he he

That is what I thought :confused::D

That is what I thought :confused::D

He he ok you got me:eek:
    fair enough:D

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

thats not bad at all,although i frefer camo colors,,now that it's no longer black is it less dangerous ha ha,ask the former garda commish and ahern about that one.
    well wear though its nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Looks class, you could head to the Leb and bring your own this time.

macadam wrote: »
    Looks class, you could head to the Leb and bring your own this time.

Well lads/Ladies I can honestly say the photos do not do it justice as anyone who saw it can verify. As for the Leb I would take it any time rather than the crap we have now, 7.62/308 all the way, only thing they feared over there and the precarious Gusaf:D:)

• Advertisement

Well lads/Ladies I can honestly say the photos do not do it justice as anyone who saw it can verify. As for the Leb I would take it any time rather than the crap we have now, 7.62/308 all the way, only thing they feared over there and the precarious Gusaf:D:)
    Right, lets have it what is Gustaf???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

A submachine gun formerly used by the Defence Forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Gustaf as the Irish called it is the Carl Gustaf M/45. It is a 9mm SMG that fired only on F/A. It was also notorious for slam firing, ie with the action forward, on inserting a magazine should the SMG be dropped on its butt there was a high probability that the gun would fire.

GH

NCO's carried it slightest tap and it went off:D

Thought it was some military slang "dope", ther was a guy from Ardee killed over there by his gungoing off accidentally, new him very well.
    Any way back on thread, anyone know of a Steyr pro for sale, have enquired about two on here no replies.
    Going shopping this afternoon..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Rifle looks effing brilliant.

But you need to get the scope done too. And the mag floor plate.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Rifle looks effing brilliant.

But you need to get the scope done too. And the mag floor plate.

We decided to leave the scope and mag for several reasons:

1. The butt (not the spacers) is a softer/rubbery material and while it can be duracoated it wouldnt have the durability as the rest of the rifle.

2. As the mag well/scope/butt looked new, leaving these parts black is effecticly adding a third colour. We had planned origionaly to spray the scope the same colour as the stock (coyote brown) but changed our minds last minute.

There is no hassle in doing a scope though. Where barrel/action and stock can be baked for 20 min till dry the scope has to air dry to avoid damaging internals.

3. The mag was left black to add to the contrast in black and in the event it getting lost or replaced. It also makes it stand out on the rifle.....

Deerhunter1s eyes arent as sharp as they used to be :D:D:D :P

GH

We decided to leave the scope and mag for several reasons:

1. The butt (not the spacers) is a softer/rubbery material and while it can be duracoated it wouldnt have the durability as the rest of the rifle.

2. As the mag well/scope/butt looked new, leaving these parts black is effecticly adding a third colour. We had planned origionaly to spray the scope the same colour as the stock (coyote brown) but changed our minds last minute.

There is no hassle in doing a scope though. Where barrel/action and stock can be baked for 20 min till dry the scope has to air dry to avoid damaging internals.

3. The mag was left black to add to the contrast in black and in the event it getting lost or replaced. It also makes it stand out on the rifle.....

Deerhunter1s eyes arent as sharp as they used to be :D:D:D :P

GH

Gunhappy just stated what I was about to say, as,for the last sentence, I wonder does he remember firing his first REAL rifle,;):rolleyes:. It brought tears to his eyes:D. I thought him all he knows not all I know:D

Gunhappy just stated what I was about to say, as,for the last sentence, I wonder does he remember firing his first REAL rifle,;):rolleyes:. It brought tears to his eyes:D. I thought him all he knows not all I know:D

Ill never hear the end of that !

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

and here's me looking for a camo semi auto shotgun, If you don't mind me asking what kind of € are we talking about for this? I think it loots great, may have went for a darker colour on the barrel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

scope eye?or was it just that good gunhappy?

rgugliel wrote: »
    and here's me looking for a camo semi auto shotgun, If you don't mind me asking what kind of € are we talking about for this? I think it loots great, may have went for a darker colour on the barrel

It was done for me as a family favour, we decided to try it, experimenting, I was thinking of changing firearms but by getting this done, me mind tells me I have a new firearm:D, keep me happy for another while;)

bazza888 wrote: »
    scope eye?or was it just that good gunhappy?

Scope eye !

Scope eye !

And nose:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

:D hate that!what type rifle was it and calibre?

bazza888 wrote: »
    :D hate that!what type rifle was it and calibre?

Steyr Manlicher full stock .270 very light rifle,:D

Advertisement