Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus accident??

Options
  • 07-10-2011 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Just saw on teletext that a woman was hit by a bus by the bus station. About 5 today. Anyone hear anything??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Just saw on teletext that a woman was hit by a bus by the bus station. About 5 today. Anyone hear anything??

Yeah the woman died - very sad. It was at the junction of Parnell Place and Merchants Quay - RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

leahyl wrote: »
    Yeah the woman died - very sad. It was at the junction of Parnell Place and Merchants Quay - RIP

Oh god, thats awful! rip

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I can't believe something like that has happened. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Rickyy

This happened just 10 Ft away from where I got my bus home about 5 minutes prior.
    I'm so glad I didn't witness this.
    Very sad, I hope the family is okay.
    May she rest in peace.
    ):

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Scary stuff! I'm usually in the bus station at that time on a Friday but this weekend decided to not go home! RIP :( Horrible thing to happen!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

If it was the road between the bus station and the pedestrian crossing by Dunnes, I can see how it happened tbh. I've seen so many buses speed around the corner and not slow down when they see people on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Saw the scene a couple of hours ago. Lots of Gardai and the like.

Very very sad. May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Dodgy spot alright, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Absolutely shocking incident to come across. May she Rest In Peace.

I hope all the ES personnel I saw at and arriving at the scene, oh jeez, are okay. I don't know what's it's like to arrive at a scene like this on-duty but their expressions told me more than the shivers that went down my spine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 deemccarthy

RIP to the woman. I was in the bus station when it happened, thank god I did not witness it. Unfortunately I did not know what happend and headed to the door and saw her, it is an image that will haunt me for the rest of my life. Still shedding tears. My thoughts and prays go to her family, the bus driver and the people on the bus. Life is precious and enjoy every minuite of it

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

It's a dreadful spot - buses pulling in, taxis going back and forth, cars cutting through for a shortcut and folk walking around without looking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

R.I.P Was she a young girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

R.I.P Was she a young girl?

Sixty six.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

If it was the road between the bus station and the pedestrian crossing by Dunnes, I can see how it happened tbh. I've seen so many buses speed around the corner and not slow down when they see people on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

was walking past the bus station on way to train station from oliver plunket st, and there was a bus by the footpath, on the merchants quay side of the bus station, oposite the side door, and the screen was erected between the bus and station door.
    so was not out on the main road part.

sad, RIP

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

scuby wrote: »
    was walking past the bus station on way to train station from oliver plunket st, and there was a bus by the footpath, on the merchants quay side of the bus station, oposite the side door, and the screen was erected between the bus and station door.
    so was not out on the main road part.

sad, RIP

Yes it was at the stop for the airport and Kinsale buses from what I saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Namlub wrote: »
    apparently the inspector at the station heart is broken from telling the same woman stop walking behind buses.
    still very sad though.
    the poor driver must be traumatised :(
    parsi wrote: »
    It's a dreadful spot - buses pulling in, taxis going back and forth, cars cutting through for a shortcut and folk walking around without looking.
    its scary to watch people just walk straight in front of moving cars and buses.:mad::mad:

Advertisement