Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet radio interruption

• 07-10-2011 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Anyone ever have this prob where the internet radio signal just dies after about 4 minutes of perfect reception?
    I have a Roberts Stream 202 and love it but for this annoying problem.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've the same radio. Sometimes an internet station will go silent for a very brief period, but it almost always comes back. I figure it's down the stream/radio station's server or my own wifi. Haven't come across the 4 minutes thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

I love my Roberts radio but yes occasionally I do get an interruption but not for as long as four minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Stacey.

Yeah it happens to me sometimes, probably just cus I have the most awful connection ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

I have a Pure Evoke Flow and this happens quite a bit on BBC Listen Again programmes. They brought out an update to fix but basically said it was the internet connection/isp causing this.
    The issue fixed it briefly but still happens from time to time. Really twists my melon. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

I also have had a Roberts for the last couple of years and love it. I recently got a Mororola Tablet and uploaded a free app, tunein.com. It effectively turns my Moto into a wifi radio that has a long battery life and is portable, and I can carry it about the house like I used to carry a transistor radio.

tunein.com is so good that I've even downloaded it to my Samsung Galaxy II phone, and it's amazing now to be able to go walking and have radio from Australia in my ears!

• Advertisement
Advertisement