Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car sales douglas road

Options
  • 07-10-2011 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Has the garage which used to be douglas renault closed,i passed it the other day and nearly all the cars were gone from the forecourt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

ofcork wrote: »
    Has the garage which used to be douglas renault closed,i passed it the other day and nearly all the cars were gone from the forecourt.

Funny I was only asking that 20 mins ago - all the cars seem to be locked in the back but didn't look as though it had been open recently

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Yeah its gone and I only bought a car there about 3 weeks ago and I was given a 3 month warranty. The bloody battery has died and I'm going to be out of pocket to buy one myself!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I think they were part of Wilton Motors, It might be worthwhile checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

They weren't part of Wilton motors. They were an independent garage and unfortunately the recession just got it's wicked way with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

It became an Audi Garage. Audi are investing serious money in their sales facilities in Ireland (for some reason) so maybe they are rebuilding the garage. Irelands largest Audi dealership just opened in Waterford i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Hogzy wrote: »
    It became an Audi Garage. Audi are investing serious money in their sales facilities in Ireland (for some reason) so maybe they are rebuilding the garage. Irelands largest Audi dealership just opened in Waterford i think.

Different garage. Audi is still there. Other side of the Douglas Road

Yeah its gone and I only bought a car there about 3 weeks ago and I was given a 3 month warranty. The bloody battery has died and I'm going to be out of pocket to buy one myself!:mad:

You may find that the warranty is still ok - most dealers warranties are insurance products so check the small print or liquidator (should be a notice on the door) - fingers crossed

Andip wrote: »
    You may find that the warranty is still ok - most dealers warranties are insurance products so check the small print or liquidator (should be a notice on the door) - fingers crossed

Yeah they had a number up on the door, but when I called that number it only lead to an answering machine telling you to pick 1,2,3 or 0 and no-one answered when you choose one of the options. I just ended up buying the battery myself yesterday. Fingers crossed nothing else will go wrong with her!

Yeah they had a number up on the door, but when I called that number it only lead to an answering machine telling you to pick 1,2,3 or 0 and no-one answered when you choose one of the options. I just ended up buying the battery myself yesterday. Fingers crossed nothing else will go wrong with her!

Sorry to hear - do you have anything in writing on the warranty ? - I deal with quite a few warranty claims & would be happy to look at it gratis if it would help - pm me if i can help

Thought I'd let ye know that the car broke down again last saturday, brought it to another garage and they just told me that it should have never been sold as it is not road worthy and that I have to scrap it. I am after losing E2,750 on the car alone and I was wondering if anyone knew if I could try and get some of the money back afterall it was given to me with 3 month warranty. And as I am a student I have no income and can't get another car. :mad:

• Advertisement

Thought I'd let ye know that the car broke down again last saturday, brought it to another garage and they just told me that it should have never been sold as it is not road worthy and that I have to scrap it. I am after losing E2,750 on the car alone and I was wondering if anyone knew if I could try and get some of the money back afterall it was given to me with 3 month warranty. And as I am a student I have no income and can't get another car. :mad:

Pm me - as post above - if I can help I will

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bizzo

Any update ?
    Pm me - as post above - if I can help I will

Advertisement