Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6870 with 2 displays using HDMI and DVI

Options
  • 07-10-2011 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭

Just got my 2 Benq 24" today and forgot to get an extra DVI, i thought i could get it working with a HDMI to one and DVi to the other but when both are connected it shows up "no connection".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It should work. Did you try the other DVI connection on the card?
    Try swapping around cables etc and see if anything shows up in the windows display setting menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Monotype wrote: »
    It should work. Did you try the other DVI connection on the card?
    Try swapping around cables etc and see if anything shows up in the windows display setting menu.

It was the displays fault, had to set 1 up with dvi then change a setting for it to allow HDMI as the first connection.

The HDMI connection out of my XFX 6870 was giving bad underscan then so i hook a DVI-HDMI connection so the graphics card is connection through the 2 DVI ports over a HDMI and a DVI.

NO under scan but the colour is a bit messed up in one corner of the display connected with a HDMI cable and converter to a DVI port.

Going to change that one to DVI to see if it's the HDMI or converter and hopefully it's the converter and i only need a new DVI, any idea of price PC world or the like sell them for? (rather get it now than later)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭FredsWebHead

Did you try setting the resolution up or down 1 step at a time.In control panel, display setting. Or the resolution setting in the software that came with the graphics card.

Advertisement