Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what did you buy/sell today?

Options
  • 07-10-2011 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

I thought it might be an idea to have a thread showing what you bought or sold and your reasons why.

I bought BKIR.L last week. Thought they looked very cheap. Sold them today as i wanted to make good on my paper profit . 18% up

I bought PCI.L yesterday and sold them today. I thought the bad news on them was way overdone. 10% up

I had the fear today that there might be some bad news of the weekend so thats the main reason i sold.

MY worries for the weekend are whats happening with Dexia and also just the general europe wide issues. The bad news has already started since market close. Spain and Italy downgraded. Im hoping for some large falls monday so i can buy in cheap again. Im looking at some UK banks that id like to buy into about 10% cheaper where the Dividends are starting to look very tasty.

Long term im holding KMR.L. Im hoping for a takeover of that one. Its an easy takeover as they only have 1 project which has 10% of world market. The only problem being, that thats the major risk with the share also!! Breaking Even
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

Like yourself I bought Petroceltic earlier this week @ 3.89p still holding main reason for was they are excellent value at these prices (like many oilers at the mo)
    Also bought Max Petroleum @ 11.25p and 11.75p also still holding for the same reasons
    Was very tempted to buy Xtract energy @ around the 1p mark but left it as my cash is now gone into the reserves :D

I`ll be looking to top replenish my cash with some profit taking but I`m in no rush yet

Advertisement