Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Maintainance

Options
  • 07-10-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

A few months ago I left my laptop into PC world and they were suppose to put all programms back on it. however i got the laptop back and only recently discovered they never put mircosoft word excel etc back on it even though they were told too

Could someone recommend a place that could install these programme cheaply and more importantly quickley

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

You should have the disk to reinstall it yourself.
    It really isnt as difficult as you might think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Rickyy

Talk to them again, ask for an explaination.
    I'm sure there's a good place on South Terrace though, across from Lee Garage.
    They do installing, repairs etc, maybe give there a go if PC world comes to no good.
    Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I do all that sort of stuff if you're stuck. Feel free to send me a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭seniorstaff

try MAGICOMP, he is a polish guy ,up near musgraves in ballycureen, he is fab and not at all expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

hi, i know you may not want to hear this but if you have the disk is it very very easy to install yourself. just put the disk in, wait a few seconds and something will pop up. then calmly read all instructions(usually you just have to keep clicking "next").
    you will be asked to type in a serial number(this is usually on the box with the disk, but it should tell you where to find it)
    they may ask you to register the product, but you don't need to do that

it will save you a bit of money. don't worry about making a mistake. unless you really really mess up the instructions, your laptop won't be affected.

most of the time with PCs you just need to read instructions and calmly follow them. confidence is key

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

any computer repair service that been asked to reinstall programs such as office by the customer once any repairs have been done really should be asking the customer to supply any discs and/or licence keys that are needed, as usually the service centre will not have the programs to hand (sometimes they're legally not allowed to)...ditto for operating systems.

so theres been a bit of miscommunication on both parts here.

repair centre should have known to ask what programs to reinstall, and the customer should have all the required discs, if the customer doesnt, well thats their loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pcpit.sean

Ya, sometimes a licensed version of software is an issue, but you can ask for free alternative for your word, excel work like Open Office. It wouldn't be a problem for them to install it.

Advertisement