Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking near kevin st

Options
  • 07-10-2011 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

i am in kevin st for evening class. Does any one suggest me a cheap parking near by. i'm getting broke paying 8-10 euro per class for parking.i have to use car as i come from a distance. i'm not from dublin and as i dont know places..pls help me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Metar

Hi Macchu,
    DIT have a deal with Q-Park. The nearest one to Kevin St is the College of Surgeons car park at the back of St Stephens Green Shopping centre. About a 5 min walk to Kevin st. It is only 2 euro for the car park. You validate your parking tkt in Kevin st. There is a validation machine beside the porters glass hut in the front hall of main kevin st building. (It is about the size of a cigarette box and is on the wall beside one of the windows.) You put your tkt in there and press down. It puts a little punched hole in the top left hand corner of your parking tkt. Then you pay as normal in the carpark, but it will only be 2 euro. It is a deal a lot of the colleges around there have with the carpark. The carpark itself is always fairly busy, but you will always get a spot in there. This only works for evening classes, by the way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Just to clarify for anyone else who looks at this, it does work during the day, its just a bit dearer. Its €1.50/hour up to a max of €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SLDeviant

Metar wrote: »
    Hi Macchu,
    DIT have a deal with Q-Park. The nearest one to Kevin St is the College of Surgeons car park at the back of St Stephens Green Shopping centre. About a 5 min walk to Kevin st. It is only 2 euro for the car park. You validate your parking tkt in Kevin st. There is a validation machine beside the porters glass hut in the front hall of main kevin st building. (It is about the size of a cigarette box and is on the wall beside one of the windows.) You put your tkt in there and press down. It puts a little punched hole in the top left hand corner of your parking tkt. Then you pay as normal in the carpark, but it will only be 2 euro. It is a deal a lot of the colleges around there have with the carpark. The carpark itself is always fairly busy, but you will always get a spot in there. This only works for evening classes, by the way.

Wow, they really should have this in bright, bold letters on your acceptance letter. I don't want to think how much money I've pissed through. I've been parking three nights a week because I commute from Swords.

Frustrating, but thanks for enlightening us.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,508 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They told us the first night of our course. Dt 015

Yeah I'm not quite sure where I saw it, but I did know about it very early on, within the first few weeks anyway. I assume someone told me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 sudzy25

If you park on west lomard street, its free parking from 6.30 onwards.

directions:

when i come out of DIT Kevin Street,
    Take left and then let again
    continue until after traffic lights
    turn right at corner after the the lights
    this is one way street
    second right(off cambrassil street)

I have parked there at night for year and abit no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Metar wrote: »
    Hi Macchu,

Sorry to drag this up again but I've tried this and seem to get charged 3e for about 2.5hours and 2e for 1hour. Is the price gone up or am I doing something wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

Doodoo wrote: »
    Sorry to drag this up again but I've tried this and seem to get charged 3e for about 2.5hours and 2e for 1hour. Is the price gone up or am I doing something wrong?

What time are you parking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

What time are you parking at?

Usually around 6.15 to start class at 6.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

There's plenty of off street parking near Aungier Street that's free after 7. I parked around 6 pm and paid around €3 60/70 times until I came out one night and someone had tried to break my wing mirror off so now I use Q-Park :)

Advertisement