Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Reading Rebelog! Your thoughts Welcome!

Options
  • 07-10-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hello to all Book Lovers!

I am starting this reading log as I love to read and love books and more importantly I have a full bookcase! I have books on shelves that I have stocked up that I have always wanted to read so its time to get going.I hope whoever checks this log out gives their thoughts if they have read the book that I have read or know the author.Don't be shy as I would be interested in what other people have thought about them!

I tend to read fiction mostly but I do like stuff like autobiographies too.I have bought classic books that I have never read and I hope to read them such as the 1984 and The Godfather.I prefer to read a book first before I see the movie and its for this reason I have never seen the movie 1984 but I have seen The Godfather already unfortunately! I love Sci Fi/Fantasy stuff too with my favourites being Dune, A Scanner Darkly and Lord of the Rings. One of my all time favourite Authors that I am collecting is Philip K Dick. I like Chuck Palahniuk too and am collecting his stuff too. Everything else other than a few special books here and there, I will sell on or give away to charity shops when I am finished.If you think I might like something let me know please!!

If I absolutely hate a book I will stop reading it as I have loads to get through! I will say why I stopped though and its just I am at the stage where I could open up a bookshop myself now so I need to keep reading!! I will be interested to see how many books I read..............so...... Go read a book!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭CorkonianRebel

rant-uk-trade-2.jpg

I have just finished this one and as usual Chuck has done it again! Rant tells the story of Buster 'Rant' Casey and it is done in the style of an Oral biography. This means it reads like different people giving their views about him as if being interviewed.It can be strange to read at first but once you get used to the flow, the story flies along.Is Rant a total nutcase or a modern day hero? It depends who is talking!!

I would defintely recommend this book and this is the same author who did Fight Club that was made into the movie starring Brad Pitt. Both the movie and book are great! Palahniuk throws in the usual stuff that will have you saying to yourself "what? I cant believe it" before you laugh! A very enjoyable read!!

Advertisement