Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Fine

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

deisedave wrote: »
    I live on Manor Street and someone took my Parking permit from my car one day. I applied straight away for another Residents permit and when I was waiting I got a parking ticket right outside my house, I went down and explained to them the situation and I appealed it and the appeal was turned down and I was told to pay.

That was a few months ago, I just refused to pay.

So either they broke into your car for your parking permit, or you had it on the outside of the windscreen?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Cannot understand all the fuss and bother, go down the road to Dungarvan, they have a Shaws and parking is free after 4pm, it is a nice friendly place, give yourself a treat, good luck

Read her first post.

It clearly states that she was originally in dungarvan anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I'd say this thread has run its course. Not much sympathy for the OP, and I don't think she was really looking for advice or answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Boooourns

It's 1 euro an hour parking up in Carlow, it's so frustrating how they can charge 1.80 down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

wet-paint wrote: »
    So either they broke into your car for your parking permit, or you had it on the outside of the windscreen?

Well didn't exactly break in the door was left unlocked, but it was outside my house I should not have to worry about some siht head taking things.

But trouble is a regular thing around here with so many students drinking and living around here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pump101

eeloe wrote: »
    Read her first post.

It clearly states that she was originally in dungarvan anyway.

It clearly states it was Shaws on the quay in the city and she was going to return the purchases to the Dungarvan outlet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

deisedave wrote: »
    Well didn't exactly break in the door was left unlocked, but it was outside my house I should not have to worry about some siht head taking things..

I agree,
    Its also only right that you should be able to leave all the doors and windows open in your house without the fear of being robbed!
    :rolleyes:

Seriously?
    You left the car open, got stuff nicked out of it and you want to accept no fault for anything related to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Ok so, its not crystal, but it says its a loading bay until 21:00 on fridays.

http://g.co/maps/mcdk5

Georges Court Shopping center do 1 hr free parking in the QPark on the quay for a €10 spend in the shopping center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

parking isnt free in kilkenny, but it is cheaper than waterford, and its s much nicer place to be, from a waterford man living in kilkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

S28382 wrote: »
    parking isnt free in kilkenny, but it is cheaper than waterford, and its s much nicer place to be, from a waterford man living in kilkenny
    ya may stay on the far side of the bridge so ya fecker. Hahaha only messing chap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

seanybiker wrote: »
    ya may stay on the far side of the bridge so ya fecker. Hahaha only messing chap.

its ok the missus wont let me leave the house anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

thanks for your comment, really can't argue with your opinion, well said and appreciated regards foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanskyline

Hi everyone,

I bought a car on the 16th of june and on the 17th i left a note in the car explaining that i live across the road and my number if there is a issue as i have no logbook yet. I still got a parking ticket.
    Now i saw him put it on it so i asked him what am i to do till i get my logbook for the parking permit. The parking attendant just laughed and said i can either pay for a ticket or go to there office and see if they can give me anything, I went to the transport office with my letting contract, I.D. and proof of address. They said they cant do anything till i get the logbook (which takes weeks). so in the time i was waiting for the logbook i got two more tickets.
    Would i have much luck appealing this as i feel it wasn't my fault they didn't have anything in place for people living in the town waiting for a logbook.

Thanks for any help lads.

Hi everyone,

I bought a car on the 16th of june and on the 17th i left a note in the car explaining that i live across the road and my number if there is a issue as i have no logbook yet. I still got a parking ticket.
    Now i saw him put it on it so i asked him what am i to do till i get my logbook for the parking permit. The parking attendant just laughed and said i can either pay for a ticket or go to there office and see if they can give me anything, I went to the transport office with my letting contract, I.D. and proof of address. They said they cant do anything till i get the logbook (which takes weeks). so in the time i was waiting for the logbook i got two more tickets.
    Would i have much luck appealing this as i feel it wasn't my fault they didn't have anything in place for people living in the town waiting for a logbook.

Thanks for any help lads.

I had the same problem when I got my car, I am living on Manor Street. We tried to get it overturned down to the office to try appeal with no luck (they are just looking for revenue). We ignored it until a summons came in and went to court. When the judge heard that we were parked outside our home he just thrown it straight out of court.

Now obviously each case is different and you might not get as lucky but I would me personally I would just ignore it until the summons comes. Even if I had got the fine in court I wouldn't have paid it. No way am I going to pay a fine for parking outside my house, where else would I have put my car when I was waiting for the papers to get the residents permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanskyline

I had the same problem when I got my car, I am living on Manor Street. We tried to get it overturned down to the office to try appeal with no luck (they are just looking for revenue). We ignored it until a summons came in and went to court. When the judge heard that we were parked outside our home he just thrown it straight out of court.

Now obviously each case is different and you might not get as lucky but I would me personally I would just ignore it until the summons comes. Even if I had got the fine in court I wouldn't have paid it. No way am I going to pay a fine for parking outside my house, where else would I have put my car when I was waiting for the papers to get the residents permit.

Thanks at least im not the only one that has had this problem. Unfortunately i work in the security sector and a court summons is a big no no. I will try and appeal it first and see if i have any luck,

thanks for the info mate.

Thanks at least im not the only one that has had this problem. Unfortunately i work in the security sector and a court summons is a big no no. I will try and appeal it first and see if i have any luck,

thanks for the info mate.

Yeah the judge was fairly understanding fair play to him, the council is not really understanding enough when people get fined for parking outside their house. I don't honestly know what they want people new to living in town to do until the papers get sorted which can take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

When I moved to the city recently after living in the country, I kept my car parked at the train station (it's 10/week, cheaper if you do the monthly) exactly in order to avoid getting ticketed before I could get the parking permit. I do think it isn't fair that they won't give you some sort of temporary permit with just the tenancy agreement alone, given that it can take time to get the other papers required for the permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Had a similar situation when I got my first car a few years back and waiting on the logbook. I rang and was told they can't do anything without the logbook despite the fact it was the family home. I asked what I was to do and they said put it in a car park until your log book comes in. Despite telling them I was only learning how to drive I was told "tough luck so". I cracked at that point and kept asking to speak to someone with a bit of common sense and was reluctantly transfered through to what I assume was a manager. Took ten seconds to explain the situation and he told me to pop down. He gave me a letter to display and left me pay for the permit in advance of the logbook so I had the receipt as well. So give them a buzz but ask to be put through to a manager or supervisor. It seems the front of office staff have a very narrow interpretation of the rules and little to no regard for the practicality of the situation.

Advertisement