Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lennox's Anglesea St Closed

Options
  • 07-10-2011 9:11pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I walked past Lennox's on Anglesea Street earlier and it's completely closed - empty inside, letters gone from above the door. Anyone know what the story is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭KazM

They opened a shop on MacCurtain Street ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Jeez KazM, no chance of using the normal font there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Well that's my last time going to them. I used to frequent them more than most others, but I won't be going to prostitutes crawl.

In any event, on prostitutes crawl I get my SFC already and IMO it's better than Lex on Angle Street but is almost impossible to get to as a motorist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

KazM wrote: »
    They opened a shop on MacCurtain Street ...
    That's been open for a while, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭KazM

Dunno - only noticed it recently - don't get over there much these days.
    Namlub wrote: »
    That's been open for a while, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Pretty manky food there anyway.

It's the kinda place you stumble into pissed and have no idea why you're in that part of town in the first place.

The one in McCurtain street is where the 3 in 1 used to be, they used do fairly decent Indian dishes. Lennox Anglesea Street was mank. The lad (young dude, big chap) from Tory Top Road used to be in there quite a lot, presumed he owned it.

What's the story with calling McCurtain Street Prostitutes Walk, surely I'm not so oblivious to things that I have never noticed loads of brassers on the street?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Kazm, please avoid using irritating fonts when posting.

Owen, please use the report post function and don't comment on thread as it only serves to derail a topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

RoverJames wrote: »
    What's the story with calling McCurtain Street Prostitutes Walk, surely I'm not so oblivious to things that I have never noticed loads of brassers on the street?

The apartments behind Isaacs are renowned for it allegedly. Pity the street's getting a stupid reputation, as it has some great bars, the Everyman too. One of my favourite spots in the city. Really enjoying Bourbon Street Bar, and Bru these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Faith wrote: »
    I walked past Lennox's on Anglesea Street earlier and it's completely closed - empty inside, letters gone from above the door. Anyone know what the story is?

Dunno. It was sh**e anyway. Apparently its not the same crew as Lennoxs' on Bandon Rd. Just using the name or a franchise or something. Although the "real" Lennox's has gone downhill a lot in the last year imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Posts deleted.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss anything further but avoid dragging the thread further off topic.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Noticed this morning that the one in Carrigtwohill is gone too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

stacexD wrote: »
    Noticed this morning that the one in Carrigtwohill is gone too

I didn't even know there had been one there, too late now, obviously, but for curiosity, where exactly was it ~ and I'd know Carrigtwohill as a visitor not a native. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

gbee wrote: »
    I didn't even know there had been one there, too late now, obviously, but for curiosity, where exactly was it ~ and I'd know Carrigtwohill as a visitor not a native. Thanks.
    It was on the left hand side a bit before centra if you were heading from Midleton to Cork. It's been there a while maybe about 3 years I used to go there when I was in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

With regards to the Lennox's on Anglesea st. it's been closed for a couple of months now. There was a sign in the window for the first week saying they were closed because of an electrical fault and after a couple of weeks the signage came down from above the door.

Advertisement