Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overboarding plasterboard over Dot & Dab Wall ?

• 07-10-2011 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,

New to this forum, and I am trying to come up with the best way to fix new plasterboard onto an internal blockwork wall which has already been dot and dabbed. I don't want to go down the road of taking plasterboard off and cannot skim it as the wall paper is proving very difficult to take off.

What I want to do is put new 12.5 plasterbord to cover it up, but do not know how to fix it.

Thanks in advance ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 superchip

you could use metal mushroom fixings

• Registered Users Posts: 40 vwlt

Cheers for the reply

Do you reckon this Will these work when going over plasterboard already dot and dabbed on hence will have some viods behind it if that makes sense ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

mushrooms will work your spreading the hole area of the complete slab. try scratcing wall, thistlebond it then reskim

• Registered Users Posts: 23 superchip

ya it should be grand,just dont over hammer them

Advertisement