Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Census for 2006/2011

• 07-10-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hello!

Just wondering if you could help me out - I'm looking doing research into specifics facts with regards to census details in two regions in Ireland. I'm not very knowledgeable in this area/I found websites are difficult to navigate - Just wondering would it be possible to get download of full census details of 2006/2011 census?

Thanks in advance for you help with this query! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thats a lot of data. Only a certain amount of Census 2011 data has been released.

What are you looking for?

Individual records won't be available for 95-100 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

Think your best bet is to contact the Central Statistics Office to find out exactly what is available and see info here:
    http://www.cso.ie/census/

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Chibodee

Yeah I figure it might be abit difficult alright. I just wanted to find out population for specific townlands in these regions and then to find out occupations, religion and other details stated for people in the townlands.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

You can definitely get that info for 2006 - again all on the CSO website - but 2011 in full statistical detail will be next year.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement