Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS5 - Download, Installation, Errors

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Yep, been testing it out, seem to be having a few issues with wifi and network coverage since upgrade, but liking using the new features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Do you need to be jailbroken/unlocked or what???

Whats the difference between
    iPhone 4 (GSM)
    iPhone 4 (CDMA)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

iPhone 4 (CDMA) refers to the Verizon iPhone 4. Its has a different radio chipset to the GSM phone we have here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Thanks, hadnt seen the link to the icloud control panel before. iOS5 running fine on iphone, apps wouldnt launch on ipod earlier but ok now since syncing. Notification centre & lock screen my fav new bits so far

Thanks Aidan, so is it OK do upgrade without jailbreaking or unlocking???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I haven't tried, but the article seems to suggest that it is. Its important to note though that Apple usually release a new version of iTunes at the same time as major software updates that would include better handling of installation and potential issues that could arise that the current version wouldn't be able to address at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

AND it's only a week ago and for free, it's secret or a million dollars fee. :)n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Easy to get new itunes 10.5 beta if you google it, running fine here

Ah just spotted that you need to upgrade itunes as well, I think I'll just wait it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i've installed the beta of itunes but it wont launch.

help

*edit* after a bit of messing, i think its working now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

i installed IOS5 wednesday and it's being fine since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

What is the difference in this ios5 and the one out on the 12th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

DMG_49 wrote: »
    What is the difference in this ios5 and the one out on the 12th?

It's ok, I know now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Running iOS 5 on iPad 1 all perfect here ,might do my iPhone 4 later is there a jb out yet or will it be after the official launch?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple disabled multitouch gestures on the iPad 1. Dumb dumb dumb dumb. I previously had them enabled via Xcode and they worked perfectly fine. There was a slight delay when swiping between apps but that was hardly enough reason to disable them entirely. Now I have to jailbreak if I want to get them back. Grrrr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Apple disabled multitouch gestures on the iPad 1. Dumb dumb dumb dumb. I previously had them enabled via Xcode and they worked perfectly fine. There was a slight delay when swiping between apps but that was hardly enough reason to disable them entirely. Now I have to jailbreak if I want to get them back. Grrrr!

Why did they disable that? Makes no sense, and I'd assume it's something they will reverse in early updates to iOS 5.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Probably because of the slight delay when swiping between apps. I assume this isn't an issue on the iPad 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Probably because of the slight delay when swiping between apps. I assume this isn't an issue on the iPad 2.

An annoying slow delay or something you could live with?

It isn't alright, as you swipe across there is just a 10 pixel bar or so between apps, can see them both at same time.

You could see both apps at the same time on the iPad 1 as well. It just took a few moments for the other app to become responsive. It was annoying enough for me that I rarely used it. I miss the multitouch gestures mostly for swiping up to get the task bar and for getting back to the home screen. Maybe Apple will enable it in a future update but I'm not holding my breath.

• Advertisement

Just updated my iPhone 4 no camera button on slide to unlock anyone else having this trouble??

fox007 wrote: »
    Just updated my iPhone 4 no camera button on slide to unlock anyone else having this trouble??
    Are you double pressing the home button?

fox007 wrote: »
    Are you double pressing the home button?

I am now thanks!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I must say I'm loving being able to take pics with the volume buttons! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I can wait 4 days.

But it's a tough wait :pac:

eeloe wrote: »
    I must say I'm loving being able to take pics with the volume buttons! :-)

It's very handy for taking steadier pics alright, I'm finding that its natural to put a finger in front on the lens to balance it well though!

Impressed with ios5 in general, it's just a tidy up and added things that should have been there before, but it's great as a free update.

More impressive on iPad than iPhone in general. One feature I didnt think would be overly useful but is great on both iPad and iPhone is the safari reader, seems to work really well on both and makes reading articles on either a much more pleasant process.

Interestingly boards.ie doesn't work well with safari update, the top menu is now working but the top left boards.ie drop down keeps being automatically dropped down all the time covering part of the page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

i've installed the beta of itunes but it wont launch.

help

*edit* after a bit of messing, i think its working now...
    Having the same issue. how did you resolve this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

glad to hear it's as good as I was hoping, I'll wait til Wednesday but really looking forward to it.

Steoob wrote: »
    Having the same issue. how did you resolve this?

I had this also, relaunch installer and repair worked for me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

what time on wednesday in ireland will ios5 be available ?.....will it be from midnight on tuesday or will it just be at any point during the day when it becomes available.
    reason i ask it that it would be handier to do it at night-time as i use the phone a lot during the day....and i'll want this ios upgrade as soon as i can :)

Advertisement