Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS5 - Download, Installation, Errors

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

....extracting software......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

the download speed is dependent on the server that got connected to you. my first attempt got me more than an hour for the 774.4Mb download. i cancelled and delete it, then attempted another update which got me the download in less than 7 mins. i'm on 50Mbps UPC. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

murpho999 wrote: »
    Mine is just updated and said that factory settings had been restored:eek: and now going through a set up process.....is this right?
    As above, instead of choosing to "Set up as new iPhone" choose to restore from a backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Dam you internal error.... Is IOS 5 the same for ipad and iphone ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

I think the 3200 error occurs when verifying with Apple. As the servers are being hammered it's causing this problem. I got a bit further this time before it failed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

I read on another forum that it was due to Apples Servers being overloaded - from iPhones trying to authenticate - mine just crashed on the 6th attempt, got the internal error message again..:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    If you are choosing to "Restore" rather than "Update" (as you would be if in DFU mode) just make sure to have a backup of your iDevice. When it successfully restores it will ask you to chose a backup to restore to.
    As above, instead of choosing to "Set up as new iPhone" choose to restore from a backup.

Now restoring from an Itunes backup, hope all goes well.

This is different to previous updates I've done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Looks like my phone is completely unresponsive now. Tried that DFU and I'm just getting a black screen - nothing. Any suggestions?

Now restoring from an Itunes backup, hope all goes well.

This is different to previous updates I've done.
    You'll have to resync your photos/music/apps too

SachaJ wrote: »
    Looks like my phone is completely unresponsive now. Tried that DFU and I'm just getting a black screen - nothing. Any suggestions?
    Black screen is what DFU mode looks like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Still no luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I give up, 5 or 6 attempts at this stage and the download messes up, connection is fine, just having bad luck with servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Black screen is what DFU mode looks like.

But I got no message up in iTunes. Should I have? And the iPhone is not showing up in iTunes either.

SachaJ wrote: »
    But I got no message up in iTunes. Should I have? And the iPhone is not showing up in iTunes either.
    Yeah you should. Try again. Hold the power and home button on iPhone to get it out of DFU mode, then try the process again. iTunes should alert you that you have an iPhone connected in recovery mode and you need to restore it to continue.

Just make sure you have a full backup of your iPhone.

You'll have to resync your photos/music/apps too

I'm not sure now if they are backed up as I don't remember it asking me.

This update process is a long drawn out pain, is this the last tim we have to do this as future updates are incremental and over the air or have i Got that wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Can\t update to iOS 5. I keep getting this; "...this device isn't eligible for the requested build." Anyone know what I should do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

bollix got an error while extracting the software.

unmounted the ipad and an trying again. Backing up again very slowly. Not confident...

I'm not sure now if they are backed up as I don't remember it asking me.

This update process is a long drawn out pain, is this the last tim we have to do this as future updates are incremental and over the air or have i Got that wrong?
    Apps would be automatically backed up as part of a normal sync.
    Music depends on whether you have it set to sync or manually manage.
    Photos, again, it depends on whether you have it set to sync with a certain folder or what.

iOS 5 does have OTA updates, they wont work if you're jailbroken tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I got the error message too , should I restart my laptop and my phone and start the download again ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭babsybaby01

You would think with all the planning,that apple would have been prepared for such high demand,typical.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

One more try and then I'm done

Apps would be automatically backed up as part of a normal sync.
    Music depends on whether you have it set to sync or manually manage.
    Photos, again, it depends on whether you have it set to sync with a certain folder or what.

iOS 5 does have OTA updates, they wont work if you're jailbroken tho.

Agh.....This is a load of ****e....have all my pictures and music.

Also had to go through full set up on phone as if it was brand new!

But every app I had (over 100) is gone from phone and iTunes.

I know I can get them individually from cloud history, but is there an easier way and how did this happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭babsybaby01

I shut down my pc and unplugged phone....Started it up again and it's doing the extracting at a much slower rate than when it did when it crashed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

My phone was verifing backup from apple and then for some unknown reason, my internet connection dropped and left me with a black screen, im assuming it put it into DFU mode itself.

Everything seemed to be going so well.
    The warning told me the phone would be restored to factory settings, 2 seconds in and it told me that there was an error, again.
    Phone seems to be back to normal and im beginning the backing up process...again...

Agh.....This is a load of ****e....have all my pictures and music.

Also had to go through full set up on phone as if it was brand new!

But every app I had (over 100) is gone from phone and iTunes.

I know I can get them individually from cloud history, but is there an easier way and how did this happen?
    You shouldn't have to set the phone up as new. Did it not ask you if you wanted to set it up as new or restore from a backup?

Right click on the iPhone in iTunes and choose "Restore from Backup".

Your apps should be in the Apps section of iTunes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

For what it's worth, it seems the issue is with the Apple servers. I'm not sure resetting the phone etc is going to make any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

I have itunes 10.5, iphone4, took about an hour to download on a 7mb eircom line.

internal error occurred is what im getting and my phone keeps reverting back to as it was before! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I seem to be backing up ~ to the cloud? Jees it's effin slow.

I paid for MobileMe for three years ~ rubbish and I cancelled it ~ never worked ~ iCloud ~ so far seems actually worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Has anyone managed to install it???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ios5 has computer free updates, right?

Cant wait to see how disastrous that is going to be! :rolleyes:

Advertisement