Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS5 - Download, Installation, Errors

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

I had the same 6 times, 7th it went through.

Just busy server, keep trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I must have got lucky earlier, got the whole thing downloaded and installed in half an hour or so at 7pm on my ancient G5 iMac.

Liking it so far, especially having new Safari tabs opening in the background. Will explore properly over he next day or two.

Seems quite speedy on an iPhone 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

The Rook wrote: »
    Yup, same problem here....am trying it now with my iPad instead of my iPhone so am hoping that it works....
    Tried two I phone both failed. Just tried my iPad and it worked first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭soterpisc

The Rook wrote: »
    Yup, same problem here....am trying it now with my iPad instead of my iPhone so am hoping that it works....

Oh noo,. I tried my Ipad 2 first.. You tried the phone?

Seems like neither are working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Failed now 3 times so far, it just says unknown error....

Oh great, now I have windows updates, have to wait for them to download and install first I'm guessing....

I knew this would not be plain sailing

• Advertisement

keep trying, im all sorted installed ready to go.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Finally got it updated on my ipodtouch 4g.
    Not gonna try my phone til tomorrow,

only took 7 attempts:eek:

Mech1 wrote: »
    keep trying, im all sorted installed ready to go.:D

Yeah.. I suppose the servers are going at it full speed. Its the installation to end all installations.

let me give it another go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭tonedef

I'm having a similar problem but not getting an error code :(
    Could I be missing something obvious?

What's happing for me is the phone gets backed up, the software is extracted then I get a message saying "The iPhone could not be restored. An internal error has occurred."

So far I've restarted the macbook, the phone and I've even tried to restore the phone but that failed too with the same vague message :(

unknown error 3200, 6 times then installed on the 7th try, just keep at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I'll keep at it for sure!

Thanks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭jonevin

finally have ios5 after 2 hours and 1 restore!!

now if it would finish syncing i can see if all my contacts are missing!!

just keep trying, no restarting itunes, nothing, just try again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭reelkidmusic

After many error messages, my iphone has decided to turn off and is now lighting up with apple logo, load bar underneath apple logo and then the loading circle icon. and then the process starts again. I've tried restarting mac, itunes, disconnecting usb, etc. but nothing is working.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol_

had exact same problem with contacts, after doing update and playing around with it went into contacts to see they were all gone.. checked recent calls they were blank, looked in messages and i could see all the names there, couldnt search for them either, powered phone on and off no joy, went to add a new contact, and when finished they all popped back up again.. few bugs already me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

This is a complete joke, the amount of errors is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

Reganovski wrote: »
    Try restarting your pc/laptop and iPhone/iPod/iPad.
    Worked for me.

Yeah the restart for the pc & ip4 worked for me too. I got the 3200 error at the end but it also stated the update was complete. When the whole restore was complete (a right f#$king pain) the iOS5 just binged, so happy out now.

Ooooh iCloud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

After many error messages, my iphone has decided to turn off and is now lighting up with apple logo, load bar underneath apple logo and then the loading circle icon. and then the process starts again. I've tried restarting mac, itunes, disconnecting usb, etc. but nothing is working.

Any ideas?

Mine done that.
    Then it told me it was restoring.

Now i have a progress bar in my itunes telling me that its restoring my apps.
    But my phone itself is telling me the restore is completed. I have a grey screen telling me that there are a few more steps to follow then im done.

I dunno what to do. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

CMpunked wrote: »

Any ideas?

Mine done that.
    Then it told me it was restoring.

Now i have a progress bar in my itunes telling me that its restoring my apps.
    But my phone itself is telling me the restore is completed. I have a grey screen telling me that there are a few more steps to follow then im done.

I dunno what to do. :confused:
    Leave it till the progress bars are gone,then it's good to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

cambo2008 wrote: »

As in just go through the steps on the phone?

• Advertisement

IamBlip wrote: »
    Yeah the restart for the pc & ip4 worked for me too. I got the 3200 error at the end but it also stated the update was complete. When the whole restore was complete (a right f#$king pain) the iOS5 just binged, so happy out now.

Ooooh iCloud

How long did it take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭reelkidmusic

The progress bar is not even filling up any bit on mine. It then goes to the spinning circle for a while, blank screen, apple logo, then apple logo with status bar. Continuous cycle of this. I dont know what to do either. Phone is not showing up in iTunes either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Updated successfully after many attempts but all my Apps are gone why??

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ave Nocturna

I am on my 2nd attempt with iPhone 4, unknown error after about 90 minutes of 'backing up'. Ah sure, it's not like I need to use my bloody phone or anything :mad:

... Pulling hair out due to sheer frustration at this stage. And I'm only on my 2nd attempt.

I need another few cups of tay to calm the aul nerves I think!

God speed fellow updaters, god speed...

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol_

i went through steps on the phone and when i was done noticed my apps werent there, but could see restoring apps on my laptop. left it about 30 mins and every thing was there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

CMpunked wrote: »

As in just go through the steps on the phone?
    It will look like its finished on your phone but it's still adding apps,then your music/videos then it's finished
    And yea do the steps on the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Aaaargh! Getting all these errors "The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error (3200) occured".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

luzon wrote: »
    Updated successfully after many attempts but all my Apps are gone why??

I thought the same but just swipe to the left again.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

iPhone 4 down, iPad to go. Update process is a complete joke, this is the very kind of thing the Apple don't need right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

Download took about 20 mins, looks like I got off fairly easy.

4 attempts and the update finally worked, took maybe 15-20 minutes.

I somehow stopped the restore before all of my apps and music had been restored, but now its restoring them on the fly- no "sync in progress", just a little progress symbol beside my wifi signal. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that this was possible before.

Advertisement