Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS5 - Download, Installation, Errors

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I have it downloaded and installed, all working okay so far - except one thing.

I can't synch over wi-fi.

When I plug the phone into the laptop, go to iTunes, to the summary of my phone then you should be able to scroll down and tick the box that says 'synch with this iPhone over Wi-Fi'

I don't have that option to tick.

I'm running 10.5.8 on the machine and iTunes 10.5.

Any ideas on how I set it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

keep telling me phone cannot be restored, internal error

WTF

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

All going ok here!

I have no option to use the location based reminders though. I wonder if thats because Ive a 3GS...

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

tonedef wrote: »
    I'm having a similar problem but not getting an error code :(
    Could I be missing something obvious?

What's happing for me is the phone gets backed up, the software is extracted then I get a message saying "The iPhone could not be restored. An internal error has occurred."

So far I've restarted the macbook, the phone and I've even tried to restore the phone but that failed too with the same vague message :(

Having the same problem with IPAD2. Shutdown and restarted everything, put into airplane mode. Failed 8 times so far. Haven't tried updating iPhone yet, not willing to take risk of being without a phone for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jc_eire

iPhone 3gs ... was getting a 3200 error now 3014 error after 4th attempt....what is the matter!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ave Nocturna

"An error occurred while backing up this iPhone (-54). Would you like to continue to update this iPhone?

Continuing will result in the loss of all contents of this iPhone."

2nd time around... *Scratches head*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Well after giving up a while a go Im back for another couple of attempts and still no joy.

Back up takes at least 20-30 minutes Progress crawls to about 10% then stays there for ages before finally progressing the rest of the 90% in a couple of minutes at the end.

Still get the cant contact the server bollix at the end though. Should have left it an hour ago and tried again tomorrow.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Oasis44

Yeah I got the 3200 error then my phone died

Thankfully it came back to life after a few minutes

Fook that I'll stick with 4.3.5 till the weekend when the server issues calm down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

iPad finally updating after five 3200 errors. I loooove how it backs up AGAIN after each attempt.

Keep at it, ppl :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

i have everything back to normal now...except for th fact that i lost all my contacts :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 parabola_89

Restart your computer and try the update again if you're getting the 3014 error. Just make sure you don't put it in DFU mode first (or just manually back up before trying anything) cos you'll lose all your data like I did! Lucky enough to have had a recent backup...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I just downloaded it on my first attempt on my 3gs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I've finally given up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jc_eire

Think it may be working 6th time lucky :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭tonedef

Well my phone is completely fooked
    It's now stuck in a loop of trying to start:
    Apple logo --> empty progress bar --> spinning circle --> repeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Finally got mine done, just restoring backup now.

Hopefully goes ok.

Stick with it, i got 5 or 6 errors before it worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

Restart your computer and try the update again if you're getting the 3014 error. Just make sure you don't put it in DFU mode first (or just manually back up before trying anything) cos you'll lose all your data like I did! Lucky enough to have had a recent backup...

When mine updated it was restored to factory settings, but when I unlocked the sim and disconnected, then reconnected, it updated from my backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭pwwillia

will try it tomorrow, pain in the hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

ok after failed attempts since my backup at 6.38pm i have finally got it on it,

oh i had two restore issues too (-1) :confused:

now its on song 637 of 1452 :(

after spending 10 minutes on my apps!

WHY IS IT SO PAINFUL! god help my less tech savvy relations who have iphones! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rodgered

Got an error 3004?!!

Phone has to be restored it says! Anyone else get this?! Jesus christ!

Edit: Now says the phone cannot be restored because they cannot contact server?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

"The iPhone xxxxx could not be restored. An internal error occurred."

Have had this about 20 times now. If I had any hair I'd be pulling it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

phone done at first time trying

ipad2 not so lucky... sitting here since 7, tried like 6 or 7 times, lost count...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,333 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

May be getting somewhere hopefully. nearly five hours of this stuff.

pmg58 wrote: »
    When mine updated it was restored to factory settings, but when I unlocked the sim and disconnected, then reconnected, it updated from my backup.

Mine went into restore mode before it updated for some reason. Must have been about the sixth time I tried. Error 3014 and 3200 every time When it did eventually update it went to factory settings too. Currently waiting for my music library to restore from the backup... Proper pain cos I haven't had a chance to look around it properly yet what!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 HomerS

After maybe 5 or 6 times getting 3200 error, the 7th time gave 3014 error, phone reboot, on the screen came up with the "connect to itunes" pic that you get when you first get the phone and now it just has a glowing black screen.

Dont know whether i should plug it out and reinsert or wait in case it's doing something. Anyone else have this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I have about 16gig of music being restored, :(
    What a disaster of an update.

I put the blame down to the iCloud servers being accessed as well as the usual upgrading servers.
    They really shouldnt have released icloud for another few days.

HomerS wrote: »
    After maybe 5 or 6 times getting 3200 error, the 7th time gave 3014 error, phone reboot, on the screen came up with the "connect to itunes" pic that you get when you first get the phone and now it just has a glowing black screen.

Dont know whether i should plug it out and reinsert or wait in case it's doing something. Anyone else have this?

That's exactly what happened me. Plug it in and see if iTunes gives you a notification saying it's detected an iPhone in recovery mode or something similar. Then just restore. It'll restore to factory settings (mine did) but you can then restore everything from a back up if you've one maade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Got error 3200 on first attempt. Don't think I'll even try again till tomorrow at least. So may having problems it's not worth spending the night trying to get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Oasis44

HomerS wrote: »

Yeah same thing happened to me Just leave it it will come back to
    Life after a few minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I'm stuck in recovery mode, every attempt to restore and update fails at the same point. Progress bar on the iPhone gets about 1/5 of the way and then I get error 14. I'm thinking something must be corrupt, but I don't know if it's the backup files, or the firmware files. Funnily enough, I can't seem to find either of them on my computer. :( A shiny paper weight is not much use to me right now.

Edit: Found the firmware files at last, so I'm re-downloading them now. See if that helps.

Advertisement