Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS5 - Download, Installation, Errors

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

On my 7th attempt now more or less!

Lets hope for the best with this one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

After 15 - 20 attempts, I actually even tried crossing my fingers the last time, an old IT trick. I think I'll wait 'till the morning, it might be quieter then with the usa asleep in bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Abandoning until the US are asleep again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Got a little bit further this time! Got as far as the apple logo after a respring, before I got the error message... getting there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

What a pain in the arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

rodgered wrote: »
    Got an error 3004?!!

Phone has to be restored it says! Anyone else get this?! Jesus christ!

Edit: Now says the phone cannot be restored because they cannot contact server?!

I got that. It restored on my second attempt. Thankfully I had a backup or I would have lost everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

tonedef wrote: »
    I'm having a similar problem but not getting an error code :(
    Could I be missing something obvious?

What's happing for me is the phone gets backed up, the software is extracted then I get a message saying "The iPhone could not be restored. An internal error has occurred."

So far I've restarted the macbook, the phone and I've even tried to restore the phone but that failed too with the same vague message :(

Having the same error all night, very annoying! :(
    Updated OSX Lion but no joy. I'm tempted to do a Restore but I'd say it'll take all night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

All,

Did a full restore, and all working fine now, with iCloud etc :)

ISAA wrote: »
    All,

Did a full restore, and all working fine now, with iCloud etc :)

Do you mean restore it first, then update? Or restore within the update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

apple tv second attempt
    my iPad did gm update 2 days ago
    iphone 4 did gm update 2 days ago
    wifes ipad...... about a gazillion attempts no joy...

ipad 2 mirroring is unbelievable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

RedLegend wrote: »
    "The iPhone xxxxx could not be restored. An internal error occurred."

Have had this about 20 times now. If I had any hair I'd be pulling it out.

In the same boat (hair an'all :D) with my iPad. Is the internal error internally here or internally somewhere else? :confused:

Has anyone gotten there after getting this continuously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Quick question I tried the update through iTunes for my iPhone 4 and got as far as backing up the phone then got an error message. Dobi have to download the file again or is it on my system somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Quick question I tried the update through iTunes for my iPhone 4 and got as far as backing up the phone then got an error message. Dobi have to download the file again or is it on my system somewhere?

It should still be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

Got error 3014, but did a full restore to factory rest, but had all backed up, so no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,333 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Getting there thankfully. Restoring my music :( I'll be here all night but at least i'm on the town side of the hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Word on the street is that the problem is verifying with the server. Offline, it doesn't care. Try airplane mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Dam. 3 and a half hours and its done.

The messages look.. different. Cant put my finger on it. But i like it.

pmg58 wrote: »
    It should still be there.

Any idea whereabouts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I'm getting a back up error (-43). It says that there is a "problem with backing up phone. All phones content will be lost. Do you want to continue?" . Does this mean my previous manual back up will not work if I choose to continue ?? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 HomerS

is there any way of doing the update with out it "backing up iphone" every f*ckin time?

• Advertisement

Any idea whereabouts?

Just click on your iphone on the "devices" section. There should be an option to click "update" there

HomerS wrote: »
    is there any way of doing the update with out it "backing up iphone" every f*ckin time?

If you select "restore" instead of "update", then it automatically restores and updates after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

At last!!!!

Couldnt leave it alone. It was taking an age to back up every time I tried an update so it was taking the guts of 40 minutes to try and fail an update.

Decided to ignore the update and just back everything up and then do a restore, which restores with the update.

Now it did fail a few times before it finally worked but I could attempt the restore in a matter of seconds.

Could have saved myself so much time. Just syncing up my last few apps now and Im good to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

HomerS wrote: »

Back up and then try a restore. The restore will try to update and may still fail but you can try again in a matter of seconds rather than waiting for a back up again. Just keep trying and you should have it in minutes instead of hours@!

Finally getting a status bar! Updating now! Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I said i'd quit about 2 hours ago but pressed on with the iclarified downloads, ipad done, iphone is restoring apps and music, pretty much wrecked now.

For anyone having issues with 3200 - it basically means itunes cannot contact the apple server to verify due to overload. Just keep re-trying.

First thoughts on the ipad.. safari is blazing fast (ipad 1) and imessage is quite cool. As soon as it booted up got a message from a friend in germany, completely free, quite handy. Am wondering how it will work with both iphone and ipad, if my ipad is sitting at home when im in work will it be ringing message tones all day?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 HomerS

coco_lola wrote: »
    If you select "restore" instead of "update", then it automatically restores and updates after.

Thanks, looks like its working. in the middle of the restore from backup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

finally mine is updating now.... used restore, will it take long?

5 times keep on getting 3200 error so I'm just gonna leave it until the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

5 times keep on getting 3200 error so I'm just gonna leave it until the morning!

I'm in the same boat. I might try the restore option once if this one doesn't work but failing that, it will be tomorrow for me.

Advertisement