Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS5 - Download, Installation, Errors

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

JAMM222 wrote: »
    finally mine is updating now.... used restore, will it take long?

Not long, mine took less than 10 minutes!
    Vertigo100 wrote: »
    5 times keep on getting 3200 error so I'm just gonna leave it until the morning!

Keep going with it, I finally got mine updated after about 15-20 attempts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,333 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

finally finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Phone is alive again, I don't even know how. I think re-downloading the update helped. iTunes is currently restoring all my apps, then I'll have to sync 20GB of music also. Gonna take all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

Anyone having trouble with "next" not doing anything at the Find My iPhone section of the initial wizard?

Edit - sorted it, was sending me verification emails for iCloud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭SEORG

Has anyone had problems with iTunes not recognizing their phone. I was getting errors, now my phone is just hanging in a loop and is not being recognized by iTunes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Anyone else getting this error, any solutions?

http://img.ie/25b79.png

I've also tried restoring on windows and getting this error.

http://img.ie/75ac0.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I'm hitting restore now instead of update also but still getting no where!

Try again tomorrow I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Mine's just finished - took 45mins with no errors :)
    Syncing my Apps took the most time

Just got lucky I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Will Siri be available to us, or is it only the 4S?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Done the update after 4/5 goes but I don't have the option of opening the camera from the lock screen. Any one else notice this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Why can't I just let this go...

Got a bit further the last time. Got the Apple logo on the phone followed by the connect to iTunes sign. The familiar error popped up on the computer screen afterwards though - very irritating.

Might try the restore option as my final attempt before sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Will Siri be available to us, or is it only the 4S?

4S only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

cococoady wrote: »
    Done the update after 4/5 goes but I don't have the option of opening the camera from the lock screen. Any one else notice this?

Double tap home first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

The requirement to do a backup every single f**king time you attempt an update even if the last update was done 8 minutes before hand is pathetically poor design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Finally it's installing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

So plugged it into iTunes tonight and it was to update my new iPhone 4 to IOS 5. In the end though I got the same "error 3200" that (according to a Google search) everyone else is with the phone displaying the "connect to iTunes screen"

In my ignorance I disconnected the USB cable and plugged it in again and tried to do the recovery it prompted me to do. Again got error 3200 and the phone seemed stuck

Now though it's going through a cycle where I get the apple logo, then a status bar for a second and then a circular rotating "please wait" style symbol in the middle of the screen for about 2 minutes then it reboots

Is it fecked?

m'lady wrote: »

Now though it's going through a cycle where I get the apple logo, then a status bar for a second and then a circular rotating "please wait" style symbol in the middle of the screen for about 2 minutes then it reboots

Is it fecked?

I have the exact same problem. :(

Worked first time for me through the restore option. Back the phone up and give it a go.

besty wrote: »
    Worked first time for me through the restore option. Back the phone up and give it a go.

Any ideas how I do that from this point? (iPhone newbie - came from an Android HTC Desire and really starting to think I should've stayed with it considering a lot of things/functionality I took for granted just aren't on this)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Mine's nearly ready. 6th or 7th time of asking

good luck to the rest of you

• Advertisement

tonedef wrote: »
    Well my phone is completely fooked
    It's now stuck in a loop of trying to start:
    Apple logo --> empty progress bar --> spinning circle --> repeat

having the same problem too :(

Any ideas how I do that from this point? (iPhone newbie - came from an Android HTC Desire and really starting to think I should've stayed with it considering a lot of things/functionality I took for granted just aren't on this)

Well, I'm not a whizz either but I backed up my phone then hit the usual restore option in the phone tab in iTunes and followed the process as usual. It takes a while but nothing like the endless attempts the other way!

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

On my fourth and final attempt - last for tonight anyway. Interestingly the error message on my last attempt was actually in plain English - said Apple's servers were too busy and to try again later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭jonevin

Just restore then update takes 15 mins worked for me

jonevin wrote: »
    Just restore then update takes 15 mins worked for me

Likewise.

tonedef wrote: »
    Well my phone is completely fooked
    It's now stuck in a loop of trying to start:
    Apple logo --> empty progress bar --> spinning circle --> repeat

Got it out of the reboot cycle!! :)

Go here: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

Worked for me!

I have the exact same problem. :(

Got it out of it: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Got the 3200 message first time out with an iTouch G4, restarted the laptop and iTouch and it worked fine the second time around, all done now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Been trying to update the iPod since 6 with no luck so decided to try the iPad just now. Downloaded and installed in about 20 minutes! Just syncing the apps back on over wifi now. Might leave the ipod until tomorrow now.

• Advertisement

Got it out of it: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

Hope that helps :)

Just kept doing what I was trying and ended working, only took 5 hours...disastrous on apple's part.

Advertisement