Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS5 - Download, Installation, Errors

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

In safari, I noticed that the text in my http: window is fading from left to right ?? My google search window is fine, any ideas

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

BrianJD wrote: »
    Help

My ipad is backing up for 40 minutes. Is this normal?

i think so, mine has backed up, restored with iOS5, now its restoring musoc, videos and apps. Its at it about 30 mins for this bit alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Upgrading my 3GS now.. wish me luck!

My iPad will have to wait for a untethered jailbreak with the likes of XBMC / Icefilms on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I found where my apps were hidden . All together it took me 6 hours to update!!!

Finished Sync. Took about 1 hour 30 mins in total, then just finishing sorting my Apps out. It fecked up my app locations, and folders.

havent even gone into the phone yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

kceire wrote: »
    Finished Sync. Took about 1 hour 30 mins in total, then just finishing sorting my Apps out. It fecked up my app locations, and folders.

havent even gone into the phone yet!

Strange, it didn't mess up my app locations, it just put all the old apps that I don't use at the far right pages.

Got error 3002..

.. so put the downloaded IPSW in '~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates'.

Currently sitting updating with Apple Logo / progress bar on screen.

Gordon wrote: »
    Strange, it didn't mess up my app locations, it just put all the old apps that I don't use at the far right pages.

i dont know whether the update done it or whether i jumped the gun and start moving them too quick before the app restore finished, as the icon was still on screen :(

Updated to IOS.. was impressed at the fancy moving graphics for countries etc.

Restoring from Backup now.

Went pretty seamless tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

kceire wrote: »
    i dont know whether the update done it or whether i jumped the gun and start moving them too quick before the app restore finished, as the icon was still on screen :(
    Hm! That sucks though, I know how you feel! At least it could be worse though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

i have lost all my apps after the upgrade any know whats gone wrong or can i get them back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

sligono1 wrote: »
    i have lost all my apps after the upgrade any know whats gone wrong or can i get them back

Same as me. I found mine eventually in the purchased section of I tunes and then had to re download them all and then re synch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Did you backup before updating? Are all your apps still in iTunes?

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Same as me. I found mine eventually in the purchased section of I tunes and then had to re download them all and then re synch

i found that i was just about to pull the plug thinking the upgrade was finished, as the phone prompts you to enter details etc, but iYunes pushes through the back up after a few mins, just wait and it will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Did you backup before updating? Are all your apps still in iTunes?

i think i did im after finding them in purchased apps do i have to download them one by one,i just hit a cloud icon and it downloaded an app back to were it should be.

sorry im no good at this,but thanks sad professer for responding

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

Hmmm I'm completely confused now tbh. :D

Gave up in the end and used another appleID I had. It worked :D. Really strange because I didnt do anything different from the first one. (you really cant do anything different).

Anyway I have icloud working in Outlook, syncing with iphone and ipad. Really cool:D

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ave Nocturna

*Wishing this was a lot less stressful than it is* 4th attempt to update iPhone 4. Getting further than I did yesterday. Almost halfway through backing it up. Has only taken 2 hours so far :rolleyes:

Will see how it goes. Not holding out much hope though. At this rate, iPad will have to wait till next feckin' week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Well what a load of farking palaver...

Started last night trying to update my iPad2. Downloaded the update but kept getting errored out. Gave up after midnight after the third attempt and looong backup. This of course included running out of f*cking space on my hard disk!!!:mad::mad:

Started again tonight and the update forced me to wipe my iPad and start again from scratch. Fortunately (about the only thing) it then restored with IOS5. Of course the screen dimmed and I didn't know I had to enter a variety of settings. iPad is operational but thought that I had lost all my apps. iTunes is now currently adding back my apps one by laboriously one...

Moral: keep the shagging thing connected until iTunes stops!!! I'm going to wait at least a month after release for iOS6 after the stress of the last two nights...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

tallpaul wrote: »
    I'm going to wait at least a month after release for iOS6 after the stress of the last two nights...

There won't be an iOS 6, it's back to Gates's stuff next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭loinnsigh

Jaysus folks, sorry to be all positive and all, but I just updated a 3rd device (wife's iPhone4) with iOS5 with absolutely no problems.

• Advertisement

loinnsigh wrote: »
    Jaysus folks, sorry to be all positive and all, but I just updated a 3rd device (wife's iPhone4) with iOS5 with absolutely no problems.

Only, 912,203,332,250,288,475.00 behind the world ~ welcome to last hundred years ............. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭loinnsigh

gbee wrote: »
    Only, 912,203,332,250,288,475.00 behind the world ~ welcome to last hundred years ............. :)

Eh? Sorry don't understand your comment :confused:

Think Different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

I don't think anyone does

Yahew wrote: »

WINDOWS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

WINDOWS!

Inarticulate lunatics forum ->

Inarticulate lunatics forum ->

Thank you, I wasn't too sure where it was, WE're on the way. @)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I spent 6 hours last night trying to update eventually got there at 5am after my phone essentially dying on a number of occasions and refusing to restart.

But I am now heading to work with no contacts, settings, music, texts etc... And I'm wrecked tired. Completely pissed off with the whole thing

My phone would not restore from backup as every time I tried this iTunes would not recognise the phone or have an error. I deleted iTunes and reinstalled and still no joy. At this stage I can't see it ever getting my data restored and losing my contacts is a huge thing for me cos the phone is used for business and personal :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fatclarke

Since downloading ios5 I've had only 2 problems, iphone 4 I'm on Meteor pre pay phone bought directly from apple..

1st is it never backed up my bleeding contacts so i literally lost all of my numbers and
    2nd is that I've been getting: "Not enough credit - cannot deliver message to 447786205094 (MsgId 1056876584)" text messages. Luckily I have no credit because I don't know that number or what it's trying to send. Does anybody know or have they seen this number anywhere?

Cheers Dean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Anybody else having a problem of not being able to edit contacts since the update? (on a 3gs)

Advertisement