Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS5 - Download, Installation, Errors

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Mmmm.

My 3GS just crashed twice in the last five minutes. Both times when I opened a new window in safari. Phone completely crashed, black screen and rebooted.

Never happened before. Hope it's not a sign of things to come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

Anyone have an unresponsive home button since updating? It's only happening on my phone works fine on the iPad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2BT

jc84 wrote: »
    Anyone have an unresponsive home button since updating? It's only happening on my phone works fine on the iPad

I am finding the home button unresponsive at times on both the iphone 4 and the ipad 2 since installing IOS5. It was something i had a problem with running 4.3.3 on the iphone but 4.3.5 seemed to sort it out. Now its back again.

I find that its very hard to double press to close apps etc. but if you lock/unlock the phone the home button works fine again straight away.........for a while anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dam34

I finally download ISO5 this morning onto my iphone 4 and seems to be working prefectly expect for 1 item.

The quick link to the Camera is not appear on my locked screen??
    Once I access the camera via the normal way I'm able to take pictures via the volumne buttons etc.

Is there some setting I need to change? Looked throughout Settings and couldn't see anything...

Thanks
    Dermot

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Double press the home button on the lock screen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dam34

that works

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

i tried to update this morning and it crashed and now it says i need to restore it and ill lose everything. is there anything i can do before restoring it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

2BT wrote: »
    I am finding the home button unresponsive at times on both the iphone 4 and the ipad 2 since installing IOS5. It was something i had a problem with running 4.3.3 on the iphone but 4.3.5 seemed to sort it out. Now its back again.

I find that its very hard to double press to close apps etc. but if you lock/unlock the phone the home button works fine again straight away.........for a while anyway.

just happening on my phone, its nearly impossible to open multi-tasking as double clicking is a no go, i've restored it again to iOS 5 but still the same thing, i have to press so hard on the button i'm worried about breaking it. I hope its just a software glitch and not my actual phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Since I got the update yesterday a lot of apps icons on the iphone are displayed like they are being downloading with "waiting" below each icon....any advice plz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Fair play to Sad Professor, he has been handy to have in here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Did anyone else notice that the digital zoom function is gone on the camera since the update?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Did anyone else notice that the digital zoom function is gone on the camera since the update?
    It's still there for me on my 3GS. Are you doing the pinching gesture to bring it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

I don't think it's gone....just pinch the screen before taking a picture and it shows up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

It's still there for me on my 3GS. Are you doing the pinching gesture to bring it up?

Ahh I see, it's still there :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭magic roundabou

Afternoon all ,
    i have done my update and while it took ages so far have only discovered one problem - i have a ringtone that i had before update , one i made myself- its in Itunes in the ringtone folder, also in the ringtone folder in the iphone (when its hooked upto computer ) its in the music as a song but its not showing as a tone option in the setting tab - sounds

any ideas on what i need to do

as always thanks in advance

clare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭magic roundabou

Hey me again - I was just checking my data and talk min on phone - my month started yesterday and I have used up 80mb of my 250mb in just one day !!!! I have never gone near the 250 in a ful month so assumed it was a mistake so rang o2 to be told that it's the new OS5 it is doing updates behind the scean - anyone noticed this?is there a way to turn it off????

Thanks

Clare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭D/C

Updated my iphone 4, lost everything! All my photos and contacts, gutted!
    Cant find them backed up on either my laptop or my pc!

Can anyone shed any light on any solutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭franciec

D/C wrote: »
    Updated my iphone 4, lost everything! All my photos and contacts, gutted!
    Cant find them backed up on either my laptop or my pc!

Can anyone shed any light on any solutions?

Haven't read the article but seen this link, hope it helps you:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/241806/did_ios_5_delete_your_apps_music_and_data_heres_help.html#tk.hp_fv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I was trying to update my friends iPhone4 to IOS5 and I got "Error -23" in iTunes. Any help will be much appreciated :confused:

Took the plunge myself a couple of hours ago. Went without any major hitch, the only thing I lost was my saved e-mails but that's nothing - anything saved on there was on my laptop too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 donb

I upgraded to IOS 5 on Thursday on a 3gs. After I did all my music and ringtones were gone from my phone. Was able to retrieve my purchased music from itunes, but am unable to sync my other music from itunes on my laptop to my phone. Am getting only a restore option on the iphone page and when I do this, no music. Please help!! Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 donb

BTW I forgot to point out that I am stuck in the 'Set up your iphone page' in itunes. The only option itunes gives me is to restore. Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

donb wrote: »
    I upgraded to IOS 5 on Thursday on a 3gs. After I did all my music and ringtones were gone from my phone. Was able to retrieve my purchased music from itunes, but am unable to sync my other music from itunes on my laptop to my phone. Am getting only a restore option on the iphone page and when I do this, no music. Please help!! Any suggestions?

this happened me too, (ip4) every-time for about 2 days when i tried to sync nothing was happening and then i realised none of my music was on my phone despite itunes saying 14gb was used! (i have 10gb of music)

when i plugged my phone via cable into my laptop it kept asking me to restore, when i restored errors occured, only yesterday did it restore without error and now my music is back and wifi sync is working.

funny thing is i was able to create a back up before restoring so at least all my ios5 option choices were saved and reapplied.also my phone (other then syncing and music) was working perfectly! i had my contacts and everything:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

The wireless sync seems quite slow for me but at least it's working. I'm using a 3GS.

Anyone else noticed this? And any way to speed it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Tried to update an iPhone 4 to iOS5 but keep getting a 3194 error? Any ideas?

Spotted a problem today when I went to play some music. Some songs won't play at all, other times it plays the wrong one. I suppose I'll have to delete everything and sync again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Has the option to FaceTime been removed if you start a normal call? Used to be that the FaceTime icon would have a ? in it, now it's just a black FaceTime icon. :confused:

I can still initiate a FaceTime call from the contacts app.

Fatclarke wrote: »
    Since downloading ios5 I've had only 2 problems, iphone 4 I'm on Meteor pre pay phone bought directly from apple..

1st is it never backed up my bleeding contacts so i literally lost all of my numbers and
    2nd is that I've been getting: "Not enough credit - cannot deliver message to 447786205094 (MsgId 1056876584)" text messages. Luckily I have no credit because I don't know that number or what it's trying to send. Does anybody know or have they seen this number anywhere?

Cheers Dean.

Spotted this myself. When you choose OK to activate FaceTime it sends a text to that number in order to activate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

I'm having issues downloading Apps or App updates on my iPad 2 since yesterday. They are just hanging on 'waiting..' I've deleted them and tried to reinstall. I've also done a soft reset. No problems on iPhone 4. Anyone any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭obried26

I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS5 yesterday, and when I restored from backup (on my Win7 PC) I had no messages, no photos, and no contacts.

I have been able to restore all of my apps and their data - but none of the above.

I did a full backup before the update, as there had been a lot of horror stories from people, and I wanted to be extra careful.

I downloaded the iOS5 file on it's own and did a clean install, rather than an update and then restored from the backup I did just before installing iOS5.

I've located the backup file in Windows explorer, and can manually open all the photos and the messages/contacts all seem to be there too.

I think the backup somehow may have been corrupted - can anyone help please? I'm at my wits end here....:(

Advertisement