Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS5 - Download, Installation, Errors

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

I can get itunes beta to load up on a 'guest' account in Win7 but not my admin account. think I'll just wait till tomorrow at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

phones have also moved on a huge amount since the 3210, can't remember the last time i actually sent a text message let alone need to know when it was delivered.

That's hardly a viable excuse to not add a feature that a jailbroken pkg of about 2kbs can add.

Text messaging is still very popular, despite how infrequently you use it.

I just can't fathom why they wouldn't add it.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Can ios5 be downloaded over the air tmrw without being Hooked up to a Pc?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

So I got a copy of iTunes 10.5 beta 7, which, although saying it will expire soon, actually opens and is ready and willing to use my new .ipsw file.

Have to wait till the morning now though as i don't have time to wait in work while my phone is bricked updated. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

smyths wrote: »
    Can ios5 be downloaded over the air tmrw without being Hooked up to a Pc?

No, only subsequent updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is it compatable with first-gen iPads? Kind of out of the loop with Apple stuff.

Is it compatable with first-gen iPads? Kind of out of the loop with Apple stuff.

Yes it supports iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S - iPad, iPad 2 and Apple TV2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Just did it on my 3GS for work, I don't see where to set the geo reminder within Reminders. It's not where this post says it should be.

location reminders will be 4s (and possibly 4) only, something about sub par gps chips in the 3gs. its not on mine either.

sorry me auld dazzler ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

location reminders will be 4s (and possibly 4) only, something about sub par gps chips in the 3gs. its not on mine either.

sorry me auld dazzler ;)
    works on 4 aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

DubDJ wrote: »

Just downloaded no probs, think i'll wait for the official iOS5 release

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bigboy123

Anyone know what time it will be availabe 2moro, I dont want to be disappointe at 12o'clock! Was hoping somebody could help!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Anyone care to check something for me...

Does iTunes 10.5 cause problems with auto hide/appear of taskbar on Windows for anyone else? I use autohide taskbar on W7 and now when I have the iTunes window selected as active the taskbar does not pop back up.

Is this a general 10.5 problem or just me?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Dave6195 wrote: »
    Anyone care to check something for me...

Does iTunes 10.5 cause problems with auto hide/appear of taskbar on Windows for anyone else? I use autohide taskbar on W7 and now when I have the iTunes window selected as active the taskbar does not pop back up.

Is this a general 10.5 problem or just me?

Same issue for me.. And mentioned here too
    http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CC4QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.macrumors.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D1246187%26page%3D8&rct=j&q=itunes%2010.5%20auto%20hide%20taskbar&ei=7qaUTp7yIJCxhAe1y-ysBg&usg=AFQjCNHbOY_Z6H2UdRrsgeCUAuAaSXC5ZQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

It's working fine for me Dave. I've windows 7 home x64 and itunes x64

Edit scrap that. I hadn't itunes maximised. Yes I've the same problem too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Thanks lads, wanted to make sure it wasnt my setup. Hope it gets fixed soon. And that was me over in MacRumors in your link copacetic ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

bigboy123 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time it will be availabe 2moro, I dont want to be disappointe at 12o'clock! Was hoping somebody could help!!

The updates have always been released as a morning update for American customers, so we usually them come the evening. So anytime from 2pm onwards, although that could change. In fact this answer answers nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Installed it and restoring now, going to take ages, saying 24 mins estimated :( I won't be able to do it tomorrow, so want to do it now. Will probably be up half the night messing with it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jc_eire

What time is the Irish ios5 release at?? Think it's usually evening some time

Someone said around 5pm or 6pm in another thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

DubDJ wrote: »
    Someone said around 5pm or 6pm in another thread.

Well they're 8 hours behind us in California so I reckon around 8 hours from now-ish....

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

complete list of 253 new additions with ios5...

http://techzoom.org/ios-5-complete-list-of-200-new-features/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

coolegrain wrote: »
    complete list of 253 new additions with ios5...

http://techzoom.org/ios-5-complete-list-of-200-new-features/
    Balls... I thought iPad 1 had Airplay Mirroring also! :(

Basq wrote: »

i said before, its because of the lack of A5 chip, but no one would listen to me. looks like you cant do it on an iphone 4 either. ipad 2/4s only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

i said before, its because of the lack of A5 chip, but no one would listen to me. looks like you cant do it on an iphone 4 either. ipad 2/4s only.
    Not even at 720P? :(

Not even at 720P? :(

i believe so.

oh and you CAN crop photos on a 3gs, i just did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

jc_eire wrote: »
    What time is the Irish ios5 release at?? Think it's usually evening some time

Found this from a post in G+ so looks like 6pm.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/421846909.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1318421810&Signature=x9Y8I3KY5aa5DqC8Zy7pAtJ1ucM%3D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

sorry if this has been asked before but will ios5 work if you use a gevey sim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah I was a bit pissed off to find this out but not enough to consider upgrading to iPad 2.

Still looking forward to installing ios5 tonight and having a play with it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Weather app + widget not working for me today. Anyone experiencing this?

Advertisement