Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS5 - Download, Installation, Errors

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 tosherhd

Anybody have any idea what time iOS 5 will be available at?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

tosherhd wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea what time iOS 5 will be available at?
    Nobody knows. This evening sometime. Probably around 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Weather app + widget not working for me today. Anyone experiencing this?

Yep, mine ain't working anymore either. On first glace I regret updating, I though we were supposed to get some equivant of Springboard, so other than iCloud there is no benefit I can see to unjailbreaking from 4.3.3. Not a happy bunny :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Weather app + widget not working for me today. Anyone experiencing this?
    Working fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

working for me too. dont regret updating at all. my 3gs is handling it perfectly, loving notifications, custom phrase shortcuts, custom vibrations, imessage (even though i use whatsapp) and a few more. kinda gave my 3gs a new lease of life.

• Advertisement

my 3gs is handling it perfectly, loving notifications, custom phrase shortcuts.... kinda gave my 3gs a new lease of life.

I have a 3GS too and these are all well and good, but Springboard feature is much more useful than all these combined. It feels like using a Nokia again, I only jail broke it a month or so ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

a Nokia? thats a bit ott...

i agree, a springboard would be nice, but anytime i jailbroke my phone it never went right. battery time plummented and crashes aplenty. strangely my ipad fared a lot better when jailbroken.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

icloud.com live

a Nokia? thats a bit ott...

Ok I take that back. I never had any issues with the jail break, if anything it worked better on battery etc, especially since you could close all the processes you weren't using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

location reminders will be 4s (and possibly 4) only, something about sub par gps chips in the 3gs. its not on mine either.

sorry me auld dazzler ;)

Ah, cheers pal. Will just put up with waiting for it to pop up on iTunes for my iPhone 4 (I dunno why I keep clicking "check for updates" :D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Yep, mine ain't working anymore either. On first glace I regret updating, I though we were supposed to get some equivant of Springboard, so other than iCloud there is no benefit I can see to unjailbreaking from 4.3.3. Not a happy bunny :(

Hmmm...you on meteor?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Okay so I'm up and running with iOS5.

Would somebody PLEASE tell me they've given us a shortcut to toggle Bluetooth... I refuse to believe they've introduced 200 changes and you still have to go into settings, scroll, tap, tap and tap again to either turn on or off BT. :(

No shortcut for Bluetooth I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Still not available on itunes?? When can we expect it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Folks,
    10am PST, so 6pm our time. Expect a slow download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

thewing wrote: »
    Folks,
    10am PST, so 6pm our time. Expect a slow download.

Gotcha, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

Websites are saying 6PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

I remember downloading the update for the app store way back when on the original iPhone, man that was a drag, the whole world trying to get it at the same time. It took ages just to get into the download queue! With iCloud coming online, the apple server centers they've built are enormous so hopefully this mightn't too bad. We'll all know soon I guess haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Dades wrote: »

Would somebody PLEASE tell me they've given us a shortcut to toggle Bluetooth... I refuse to believe they've introduced 200 changes and you still have to go into settings, scroll, tap, tap and tap again to either turn on or off BT. :(
    I cant believe they didnt allow you to put a widget in the notifcations centre to control BT, 3G and Wifi. Very frustrating. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Yep indeed there is.... Right beside the FM Radio!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yep indeed there is.... Right beside the FM Radio!!
    What?! Where is the....

Noooooooooo... damn youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

God bless SBSettings!

Hmmm...you on meteor?

No Vodafone, why? The network is irrelvant, still no springboard, so my battery life will be a joke again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

so anyone know if you can get rid of the pop up message when sending mail with an empty subject line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

so anyone know if you can get rid of the pop up message when sending mail with an empty subject line?

You can't. iOS 5 pain in the arse #1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Quick question im running ios 5 now on my iPhone 4 is there any point for me to update to this version today? if so do I need to go back to 4.3 now then update to ios 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

You can't. iOS 5 pain in the arse #1.

ah boll0x! who the fcuk thought that would be a good idea. 'give with one hand and take with another...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

fox007 wrote: »
    Quick question im running ios 5 now on my iPhone 4 is there any point for me to update to this version today? if so do I need to go back to 4.3 now then update to ios 5

I suspect it will tell you you've the current version ~

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Any way of getting someone to download the file for me on my laptop without the actual iphone hooked up to it? I'm working until 8 and it would be handy to have all the waiting done before I get home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭franciec

fox007 wrote: »

Same question, will final release be any different than the GM. iTunes 10.5 says 5.0 up to date atm. The software update on the GM iOS says an error occurred when I press on it does this mean the GM won't be able to update OTA.

Advertisement