Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS5 - Download, Installation, Errors

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

That's why I was asking should I go back to 4.3 first in case there is any bugs etc on the ios 5 I have ya know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

franciec wrote: »
    Same question, will final release be any different than the GM. iTunes 10.5 says 5.0 up to date atm. The software update on the GM iOS says an error occurred when I press on it does this mean the GM won't be able to update OTA.

yep same thing :pac: when I hit restore I get an error think i will restore first to 4.3 just to clear any bugs the go to ios 5 clean

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

We don't know yet if the GM is the final release. We'll find out when it's out and we can check the build number. But it's very, very likely that it is. In which case you won't need to do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Any way of getting someone to download the file for me on my laptop without the actual iphone hooked up to it? I'm working until 8 and it would be handy to have all the waiting done before I get home

are you aking for someone to come to your house and download the ios 5 file onto your laptop?

really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Any way of getting someone to download the file for me on my laptop without the actual iphone hooked up to it? I'm working until 8 and it would be handy to have all the waiting done before I get home

They'd need to have an iPhone connected to iTunes first them cluck download only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭rebelmomma

Have an IPhone with 3. Not going to think about downloading software until i hear feedback here over next day or so. Anyone else on 3 downloaded?

rebelmomma wrote: »
    Have an IPhone with 3. Not going to think about downloading software until i hear feedback here over next day or so. Anyone else on 3 downloaded?

Not out yet. Doesn't matter who you're with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

are you aking for someone to come to your house and download the ios 5 file onto your laptop?

really?

Yes that's what I'm asking. You sound surprised??

naasrd wrote: »
    Not out yet.

Not out for 3 or not out for anyone yet? I didn't think it depended on your Network - just your phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Yes that's what I'm asking. You sound surprised??

well....yeah. why dont you just download the GM in work and put it on a usb stick or something? or is your home internet so bad that the wait at home would kill you?

seems like strange request to me. but what the hell, key under the mat yeah?

• Advertisement

Not out for 3 or not out for anyone yet? I didn't think it depended on your Network - just your phone

Available from 6pm.

naasrd wrote: »
    Available from 6pm.

Cheers for that. I still will wait to see feedback I think. I would hate to be stuck without some functions - plus I can imagine the download times will be unreal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Cheers for that. I still will wait to see feedback I think. I would hate to be stuck without some functions - plus I can imagine the download times will be unreal.

A lot of people have been running the GM for the past week. There's plenty of feedback already in this and the other iOS 5 thread. It's very likely the GM is the same as the final release.

A lot of people have been running the GM for the past week. There's plenty of feedback already in this and the other iOS 5 thread. It's very likely the GM is the same as the final release.

mmmmmm might just give it a bash later tonight - how long did it take for the GM to download - we talking hours here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

will i have to download this separately for my iphone and ipad?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

well....yeah. why dont you just download the GM in work and put it on a usb stick or something? or is your home internet so bad that the wait at home would kill you?

seems like strange request to me. but what the hell, key under the mat yeah?

Ya, leave the cat out while you're there, but only for 5 MINUTES! Otherwise it will become a pirate cat and start selling burnt DVD's.

P.s. my bad, my OP made it look confusing but what I meant by "someone download it for me" was if my laptop is at home, with someone who I know :P, could they download the file without my iphone!

But seeing as your offering...:pac:

mmmmmm might just give it a bash later tonight - how long did it take for the GM to download - we talking hours here?
    How long it takes later really depends on how busy Apple's servers are.
    will i have to download this separately for my iphone and ipad?
    Yes. iOS for iPhone and iOS for iPad are two separate things.

A few days too late, but what the hell.

Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

6pm, nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

It's up now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

6pm, nothing...

Give it a while,its not going to be dead on 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

6pm, nothing...

I guess it's 7pm here then ~ that silly hour difference :eek::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Cormo87

My itunes found the new software ios 5.0 updating now :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Woo! Clicking refesh like a freak has paid off!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

gbee wrote: »
    I guess it's 7pm here then ~ that silly hour difference :eek::mad:

Its up now :)

For Mac users, 10.7.2 is up as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

8611022.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Its like ticketmaster here!!! One minute it is avalible, the next its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Cormo87 wrote: »
    My itunes found the new software ios 5.0 updating now :D:D

Is there any downloading indication? Mine found update too, offered to download and then seemingly nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

18.03 nothing.

18.05 update!!! YES YES YES!!!!!

(23.05 - still waiting:D)

Advertisement