Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS5 - Download, Installation, Errors

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

420 mb down 23 mins left....cmon!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Gotta love upc 100meg!

Don't know how you got so lucky as I'm on 50mb and it's taking an hour to download the last 400mb.

Edit: I stopped it and refreshed and will have complete download in 9 minutes! That's more like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

You are mad! The build number is the same. If you are running the GM there is no need to download this.
    already downloaded. installing now. bit too late to change my mind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ooh, ooh, ooh speed is up again 16 min remaining :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

400 MB down 20 min left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

You are mad! The build number is the same. If you are running the GM there is no need to download this.

Does the GM not expire? taught i read that somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Gotta love upc 100meg!

The begrudgers will cut your balls off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

323MB down / 57 minutes remaining ~ I guess I'm out! :eek:

dodzy wrote: »
    The begrudgers will cut your balls off :D

Whistles Dixie whilst sharpening knife...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Do I have to install 4.3.5 first (for iPhone 4)? iTunes just keeps telling me that 4.3.5 is available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

My Apple TV is refusing to update :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

finno wrote: »
    Does the GM not expire? taught i read that somewhere
    No. It's the same as the final release.

Looks like someone at Apples server HQ is throwing more coal into the fire :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,333 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

" A newer version of the iphone software is available(version 5.0). To update your iphone with the latest software, click update.

Yet it says the file is 688.8mb but people are saying it's 774ish mb in size. Anyone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

SachaJ wrote: »
    Do I have to install 4.3.5 first (for iPhone 4)? iTunes just keeps telling me that 4.3.5 is available

you shouldnt have to. It said 5 was available for me so I hit update. Then it told me to transfer purchases first, so I started that, then realised fupp that, icloud is available now so no need to transfer purchases.

Went back to update and it said 4.3.5 was the latest available, i just had to try clicking it a few times before it told me 5.0 was available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

No. It's the same as the final release.

Oh cool i was downloading it there cause i taught it would expire.
    Just cancelled downloading now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    " A newer version of the iphone software is available(version 5.0). To update your iphone with the latest software, click update.

Yet it says the file is 688.8mb but people are saying it's 774ish mb in size. Anyone ?

3Gs? Same for me after trying it twice. Ill just wait and see I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

68 seconds but slowing... Now 79 seconds...

Good old UPC 25 MB, still looks like the whole thing will be down in less than 10 mins max.

Oh the excitement.

I timed out lads! He falls for the first time! :)

Oh crap nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!:mad::(

WITH 100MB AND 10 MINUTES TO GO THE D/L CRAPPED OUT AND ITS STARTING FROM SCRATCH!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Think I'll be waiting until tomorrow to do this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,333 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Danbo! wrote: »
    3Gs? Same for me after trying it twice. Ill just wait and see I suppose

Ya unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I have been trying to back up my iPhone so that I can update to iOS5, however everytime I select "backup" in iTunes, I get the error "iTunes cannot backup the iPhone <username> because an error occurred".

There are no recent backups in iTunes (its a fresh install as I got a new laptop), the phone is on 4.1 (I havent updated in a LONG time, ha!), jailbroken.

I dont want to lose all my contacts and messages, so Im reluctant to do a restore. I also cant open my iPod app, Im getting a white screen but plugging the iPod into the laptop is showing that the music is all there when I check the memory usage.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

And im done :D

And im done :D

Booerns! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't know how you got so lucky as I'm on 50mb and it's taking an hour to download the last 400mb.

Edit: I stopped it and refreshed and will have complete download in 9 minutes! That's more like it!

was d/l ing the ipad2 update so prob not as popular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

everyone stop and it'll fly down for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

3rd attempt from scratch.
    Never made it past 350 MB...

RESTART: 348MB down / 5 minutes to go! ~ we'll see :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Going to wait til tomorrow to download this, i've waited a good while for this update, so an extra 24 hours won't make much difference :P

Advertisement