Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for online gaming

• 07-10-2011 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a broadband only provider that is fast enough for online gaming?
    My contract with eircom is up in Jan so im cancelling that and hoping to get something cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

mickob16 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a broadband only provider that is fast enough for online gaming?

That will depend on where you live...

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

Im in Tramore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭[Steve]

Eircom, unfortunately. I'm in Tramore too, there's nothing else here that comes close. UPC is in the city, but thats about it. WiMax might be an option, but then gaming goes out the window.

I have the 24Mb NGB. I get pings no higher than 80ms. Average about 30-50ms. It's really good. Plus I download and play online a lot but I only downloaded just under 150GB last month. Only downside, you'll probably get stuck on their classic 17Mb profile. You have to ask them to push it higher.

OR, you could move to Wexford and use the FTTH that's there now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

Alphawave(wireless) broadband is available in tramore and is perfect for gaming and is unlimited download for 29.99e pm, i used eircom 8meg ngb in city for a while and see know difference in quality of broadband from the two providers.(pings averaging in mid 20s/30s)

Advertisement