Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with a an Xbox.

Options
  • 07-10-2011 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

I recently purchased an 360 slim on buy and sell.
    The xbox I bought has been painted (either side of it) nowhere near the vents or anything. Now, I had another one a few months back but got rid as I needed cash for something else. Back then I used to check what kind of a connection I was getting (wirelessly)on the xbox.....it would have always been 3 or 4 bar.

I hooked up this "painted xbox" tonight and I notice I'm only getting a one bar :confused:. I checked my laptop and it's connection is the same as always.

I rang eircom told the lad the xbox is painted and he said.........that's whats wrong it.

I spoke to the chap that painted it and he said he used "1 coat of plasti-kote and then laquer"......I can bring it back to the lad......but don't want to if it's something else.

Would greatly appreciate some advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DublinRescuer

I think id send it back anyway, who paints a working xbox and why?? its a bit weird i think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

I think id send it back anyway, who paints a working xbox and why?? its a bit weird i think..

he's a young lad....so he obviously just wanted to make it look "cooler"
    I've spoken to the nice people at xbox and a mate of mine that is actually a painter. They say.....as long as theres no lead in the paint it will make no difference.

So this morning I changed the channel on my router from 1 to 5......the signal on the xbox has gone from a 1 bar to a 3 :)

I'm switching to UPC next month so hopefully that might improve it even more!

The signal has dropped back to a 2 bar now. Really don't know what to do :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Get some homeplugs and you won't have to bother with wireless at all.

Get some homeplugs and you won't have to bother with wireless at all.

been onto eircom all morning......theres defo a problem with the xbox. The signal is now only a one bar as opposed to my laptop (4 bar) theyre the same distance from the modem :confused:

How much are home plugs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

thank you.....but knowing my luck they won't be on the same circuit so I'd have to buy more than two.

Now I'm thinking it's actually a lose connection in the slim itself :confused: If I sit for a couple of mins looking at the wireless bar thingy on the xbox. It's actually going from a 1 bar then goes up to a 4 then to 3 then to 2 than back to 1 and back to 4 again :confused: It's constantly changing every few mins.

A lad is going to open it up today for me to have a look.....

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

thank you.....but knowing my luck they won't be on the same circuit so I'd have to buy more than two.

Now I'm thinking it's actually a lose connection in the slim itself :confused: If I sit for a couple of mins looking at the wireless bar thingy on the xbox. It's actually going from a 1 bar then goes up to a 4 then to 3 then to 2 than back to 1 and back to 4 again :confused: It's constantly changing every few mins.

A lad is going to open it up today for me to have a look.....

Someone is going to void your warranty for you? Thats nice of them! (Seriously be careful opening it)

Daraa wrote: »
    Someone is going to void your warranty for you? Thats nice of them! (Seriously be careful opening it)

the warranty is already up.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

the warranty is already up.

A Xbox 360 S Warranty up in Ireland? 2 year warranty here man.

• Advertisement

Daraa wrote: »
    A Xbox 360 S Warranty up in Ireland? 2 year warranty here man.

It's already been opened though.

sorry I should have said.....void

Advertisement