Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCI Graphics Card

Options
  • 07-10-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Maybe a random q, but just wondering is it possible to purchase a PCI Graphics card (Not PCI-E) with a DVI port (preferably x 2)

I've an MSI motherboard with 1 PCI-E/AGP slot, (now full with a NVidia GeForce Graphics card) but would like to run 4 screens on my PC.

Any help / assistance very much appreciated.

Rgds

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

Hi folks,

Maybe a random q, but just wondering is it possible to purchase a PCI Graphics card (Not PCI-E) with a DVI port (preferably x 2)

I've an MSI motherboard with 1 PCI-E/AGP slot, (now full with a NVidia GeForce Graphics card) but would like to run 4 screens on my PC.

Any help / assistance very much appreciated.

Rgds

Paul

Plenty of old hardware out there ATI, NVIDIA made pci cards, with passive and active cooling alike. Now I never seen a dual dvi pci card before but that doesnt mean there are none. I have an old ATI lying around, its pci, 256mb with vga and dvi conncetion.

Mind you, finding drivers for win7 is a real pain, as even ccc wouldnt recognize my card in win7.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Here's a 5450 with PCI interface. New enough generation. Very good mulitple monitor performance I'd say. It has 1 HDMI and 1 DVI, as well VGA but you can get an adapter for that HDMI port if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭paulgrogan.eu

Hi Guys,

Thanks a million for everyones help.

I have managed to source a card over on adverts.ie (plug plug ;D) so hopefully that will set me up for a nice 3 screen car sim racing station with my 3 19" Dell LCD monitors!!

Many thanks

PG

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Shill!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 plaguemarine 11

you cant run 4 monitors off any of those nvidia gen of cards as far as i know !

• Advertisement
Advertisement