Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning 24 hours in Kerry!

Options
  • 07-10-2011 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for some advice here! As a suprise for my boyfriends birthday I'm planning on booking a hotel for the night. He's always saying he'd love to go to Kerry! I was originally thinking of going somewhere near the sea but then I remembered him saying once he'd love to visit Killarney.
    So, since I havn't been to Kerry in years I need some advice! We'll only be in Kerry for one evening and night then most of the following day. Would Killarney be our best bet to visit or would it be better (and more romantic :p) to go to a seaside place? Or could we book a hotel in one place and travel to the other the following day? Sorry for all the questions! Trying to get my itinerary in place :o I want it to be really special!
    Lastly, any hotel recommendations?? Thanks in advance guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

He did once say he would like to visit Kilarney,so why not? Some fine hotels and great deals at this time. Likes of Scotts hotel(great craic) and the Plaza are smack in the middle,within walking distanceof everything.
    Great hotels on the Muckross road,about a mile out, thats the downside, but plenty taxis.
    B+Bs being advertised now for €25 a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

Great :) thanks for that! He also said he'd like to visit Tralee and somewhere by the sea so I can't win!! He just said Killarney a few times so seems like the best bet.

Sorry can I just ask about Scotts hotel? Whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Google it, will give you far more info than i can print here.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi,

Just looking for some advice here! As a suprise for my boyfriends birthday I'm planning on booking a hotel for the night. He's always saying he'd love to go to Kerry! I was originally thinking of going somewhere near the sea but then I remembered him saying once he'd love to visit Killarney.
    So, since I havn't been to Kerry in years I need some advice! We'll only be in Kerry for one evening and night then most of the following day. Would Killarney be our best bet to visit or would it be better (and more romantic :p) to go to a seaside place? Or could we book a hotel in one place and travel to the other the following day? Sorry for all the questions! Trying to get my itinerary in place :o I want it to be really special!
    Lastly, any hotel recommendations?? Thanks in advance guys!
    Great :) thanks for that! He also said he'd like to visit Tralee and somewhere by the sea so I can't win!! He just said Killarney a few times so seems like the best bet.

Nothing at all stopping you from having Killarney as your base and for late evening & night-time. Drive out toward Tralee and onto Dingle then by the coast during the say, catch the sunset out by Dingle!

Best of all worlds there for you and you can't really go wrong! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Try www.o2.roomex.com for cheap Killarney hotel prices.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Scotts wouldn't be my choice. You could stay in Killarney and head to Inch beach-miles and miles of beach and an easy drive from the town. What's your hotel budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Yeah, the coast can be a bit bleak at this time of year so definitely Killarney. Take a walk up beside Torc waterfall. You won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

stick with killarney its a lovely town, lovely scenery, loads of walks as well, tralee on the other hand :rolleyes: i live here and i can honestly say its better avoided

Scotts wouldn't be my choice. You could stay in Killarney and head to Inch beach-miles and miles of beach and an easy drive from the town. What's your hotel budget?

I was thinking of going with Scotts, are you not a fan? I don't have a very high budget but most places seem to be under 100 for one night bed and breakfast!

Thanks for all the replies really appreciate it, we have to depend on public transport as my boyfriend is in the process of getting a new car! So we were going to get the train down. Need somewhere fairly central now! Think I'll stick with Killarney :) like the sound of the waterfall! Just need to book a hotel...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

If you don't have a car it would be worth renting a bike for the day and maybe going down to Muckross and doing a lap of the lake. Its a fairly handy 4 or 5 miles and brings you past Torc waterfall on the way back.

Has anybody been to the Riverside Hotel? Or eaten there? They have a deal of dinner, bed and breakfast for 59pp.

Haven't heard about it, looks like a fine place but would check tripadvisor or some site. It's on the "right side" of Killarney, on the road to Muckross House, the lakes, the National Park etc. Most hotels out that direction.

Advertisement