Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCulloch Lawnmower spares.

• 08-10-2011 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in Kerry looking for a blade boss for a McCulloch branded self-propelled petrol mower.

All of the local sources I've asked, insist that I pay them about €10 postage on top of the price so that they can get one for me from the main supplier in Dublin.

If I knew who the supplier was, I could get one picked up by one of my Dublin relatives who's visiting me next week.

Has anyone any idea as to where a Dublin supplier with a good stock of parts is?

McCulloch is one of the Electrolux brands, and Partner, Macalister and Flymo are also brands of Electrolux.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 j__d

The distributor in Ireland for these mowers is McLoughlinsRS, Northern Cross Business Park, Finglas, Dublin 11 and their number is 01 8239200, not sure if they will sell directly to you but I'm sure they could tell you who stocks the part you are looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shepherds

why don't you go back to the lawnmower dealer that you bought it from , he should have the part in stock if they are selling that brand of mower

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hibble

shepherds wrote: »
    why don't you go back to the lawnmower dealer that you bought it from , he should have the part in stock if they are selling that brand of mower

You think??? I have a Mculloch (Partner) ride on mower. These are actually Husqarvarna mowers now. The dealer I got from in Portlaoise is hopeless, waited 5 weeks for new belts before cancelling the order and going elsewhere. Recently asked same dealer for shoulder bolts to be told they were special order!
    People wonder why local businesses are going down the pan - well it is because they don't offer a decent service, or carry any stock.

Download a PDF of your machines part book and then check it against PDF of the major manufacturers. You will find most of the parts are interchangeable / same part - often they even have the same part # on the PDF to reference them.

I have ordered a load of spares from E-Bay some have even come from America. All cheaper, all delivered in reasonable time span all correct parts. All oem parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

j__d wrote: »
    The distributor in Ireland for these mowers is McLoughlinsRS, Northern Cross Business Park, Finglas, Dublin 11 and their number is 01 8239200, not sure if they will sell directly to you but I'm sure they could tell you who stocks the part you are looking for

eh, no they're not.

They have no dealings with McCulloch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 j__d

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    eh, no they're not.

They have no dealings with McCulloch.
    they are. . . http://www.mcloughlins.ie/gardening.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

shepherds wrote: »

They don't deal with them now, because they were being messed around by the distributor. They were going to get me the part, but this would have entailed my paying €10 postage to have it sent to Tralee.

As I was in Dublin yesterday, I dropped into Liffey Distributors Ltd's warehouse in Ballycoolin, paid £17 and came away happy. It would have cost me €30 upwards to get one of the Kerry people to get it.

http://www.build.ie/company_481219.htm

It annoys me when I try and get parts for anything in Kerry, only to be told that they haven't got what I want, and then tell me that I've got to pay for the postage to have it shipped in from somewhere. I appreciate that it wouldn't be in their best interest to cover the postage themselves, but they should at least make the effort and get a wider range of common parts in stock.

I could have got it online from partmaster etc for a total of £23 Sterling, and that's what I would have done had I not been in Dublin.

Advertisement