Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche fees

Options
  • 08-10-2011 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all.
    New to this, both this site & creches!

I have 10 mth old twins starting in creche. It's a super looking creche, staff seem lovely. Came recommended & is very close to where I live.
    It open 7.30-6.30, provides meals & for later on provides montessori, pre school & after school pick ups.
    Only closes at Xmas & BH. No hols during the summer.
    I plan on putting my twins in for 2 days a week. It's 40eu a child per day & the lovely lady involved has quoted me 70eu for them both per day, or 140eu a wk. We live in Kildare.
    Just wondering, how does this compare? I have friends with children in creches but their either in the cities or the country & all have kids at different ages as opposed to my two babies.

Any responses will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is cheap!
    140 euro each child a week I preume?
    That is the same as I pay for 1 child in Dublin.(1100)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Moonbeam wrote: »
    That is cheap!
    140 euro each child a week I preume?
    That is the same as I pay for 1 child in Dublin.(1100)

No, she's only sending them for 2 days p/w.

For 1 child full time it would be 40 x 22 = 880 p/m.

I would say that's about average price. Fair discount on the second child.

I pay 32 per day but there are no meals or drop off services.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I somehow read it as 140 for the week!
    Also in Kildare and 35-50 euro a day seem to be the going rate for childminders.
    If she is insured and registered I think you are getting a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 EJ80

i know its not comparable as i live in Dublin...but i'm going to pay €510 per month, for 2 days a week (approx €58 per day)
    wish i lived in Kildare....!!!;)
    It is cheaper the more days you have them in per week...still though big change for baba to have to go to a creche full stop, so we'll try 2 days to begin with!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Femmesage

Thanks a million everyone. Really appreciate those guides. TBH I get a good vibe from this place. All very professional & know what their at. Owner & manager very competent & seem to have great team of girls behind them.
    Again big thanks to you all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement