Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any harm?

• 08-10-2011 7:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

last nite, just before i went to bed. went into the kitchen to let dogs out for their final pee of the night. as i opened door the cat was in dog bed asleep and there was a dead mouse on the floor. turned my back to call my husband to remove mouse, not something i would do as im terrified. turned back and mouse was gone and my st bernard was licking his lips. so i presume this is where the mouse was. my worries is will the st be alright? not sure if this will do him any harm or not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

Don't worry he won't come to any harm.

My dogs have done this in the past when the cat has brought home a present. Usually I dispose of the mouse but sometimes the dogs beat me to it, and they had no ill effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Mo60 wrote: »
    Don't worry he won't come to any harm.

My dogs have done this in the past when the cat has brought home a present. Usually I dispose of the mouse but sometimes the dogs beat me to it, and they had no ill effects.

I bet he couldn't believe his luck !!!!!
    Mine ( not St B but big dog on special diet!) eats anything she can chance her arm on when I'm not looking and she's not supposed to at all; no side effects to rabbits, the occasional rat, a dead chicken and some vile mud covered stinking skeleton she found in a pond and waded around tossing in rhe air chomping.
    Vile
    But no side effects apart from the pong!

Bet your St B couldnt believe his eyes!!! When's the last to time you didn't order a take away and had one delivered to your bed!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

just make sure next worming pill does for tapeworm - my cats pick them up from mice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

As above just make sure your up to date with worming and using a good quality wormer that covers a broad range of worms. Same as if your cat had eaten the mouse instead really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

thanks guys, yeah thats what i done was due a wormer this week anyways so i went to vet yesterday morning and got one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement