Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWOOFing

Options
  • 08-10-2011 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has any info or has tried this. Im currently living out of a van in the sticks and have limited access to internet. Just wondering if this qualifies towards the 2nd year visa. Also, I haven't got enough time left on my 1st holiday visa. Would I be able to come over on a tourist visa and do it as technically it is not working and it still qualify towards my 2nd year?

One more question, Ill be traveling back to Ireland via Kuala Lumpur in two weeks and am wondering what the story with duty free is as I will be connecting in london. Can I buy drink in KL and carry it throiugh london so long as it is sealed?

Answers welcome via PM as this thread may be buried by the time I get back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

No work no second visa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

if you are flying from KL to London, then Ireland,
    No you cannot buy alchohol, unless you happen to collect your bags in London airport where you can put the bottles in your luggage.

You can only buy alchohol and be let carry it on board planes if you are only stopping in one european destination.

If you are stopping in London and embarking fullstop,
    Yes you can buy alchohol.

otherwise it wil be taken from you in London transit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I take it cigerettes will be fine though?

Boo on the visa :( I thought seen as im not getting paid I could do it on a tourist visa. Off to NZ it is then. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

cigarettes nd perfume nd all im pretty sure is fine.

not hundred percent sure though because they would be over the ml thing..
    ask the staff.

thats what i had to do .. nd they were very helpful.

Advertisement