Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Snorkeling spots in Dublin

Options
  • 08-10-2011 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Howdy

do you know of any renowned snorkeling spots in Dublin?

Very little info online, perhaps cause there isn't much...

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

I just know of Sandycove, of course weather now is a bit iffy at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nige1978

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭diveshark

Howdy

do you know of any renowned snorkeling spots in Dublin?

Very little info online, perhaps cause there isn't much...

cheers

try from sandycove heading south.
    you can get out at bullock harbour.
    depending on you fitness level there is a huge amount available around dalkey island. you can also get in at coleimore harbour and head south again along the coast then it wraps around sorrento terrace into the bay. you can continue on towards whiterock beach in killiney.

Or you can head from coleimore harbour over to dalkey island ( watch out for boats swim with luminous somthing) loads of seals and wildlife around.

well worth the effort.
    You have to check the tides when going in round here they are very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

thanks for replies. further to this:

- would anyone have any snorkelling recommendations on the island of Ireland as a whole? If it was promising enough it might be worth travelling to.

I know Ireland isnt great for snorkelling but its nice to just get in the water I guess. I was surprised by the amount of fish (wrasse and whiting mostly) that I saw around Sandycove the other day. Some very decent sized wrasse in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Glad you enjoyed it. Yes the little fishies are quite entertaining when the want to be.

Ireland can be a great place for snorkeling when the conditions are right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Come west along the road brah. Nearly anywhere you get in at Mullaghmore in Sligo is good. Or head down any back road after Ballisodare as far as easkey and you will have good spots completely to yourself and your buddy. Some videos on our site here
    www.freediveireland.com/videos from Mullaghmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭lmmoonbeam1976

balscadden beach in howth is a good area but fairly rough at moment

Advertisement