Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Focus Bikes

• 08-10-2011 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Howdy all, sorry didn't come up with anything current with a search, anybody know if Focus are sold in Dublin?

Think i'm gonna have to take the sensible option and give up the dream of a Colnago, and go for a Cube or Focus!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

lots out in Eurocycles in Swords, Airside branch. Nice bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

Eurocycles, longmile road (ask for Richie) and city centre. Else go online to Wiggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Board2Death

Cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

I don't think wiggle will be doing them anymore according to talk earlier. There is now an Irish distributor so a few more shops will start doing them here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pgd-pgd

Had a focus myself . Wheels were pure cr*p , Fell to bits after 3 weeks had to get back wheel totally respoked by a proper wheel builder. If your going to Eurocycles don't use the Swords Branch go to the Longmile Road.The so called Bike mechanics took a chunk out of my frame and couldn't adjust my gears right and told me a load of Cr*p as well. Had to service the bike myself after they were at it .

Much more impressed with the Guys in Longmile Rd. and Sth. William branches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Could be bad luck or could be your particular wheels. I've had three and wheels were fine although only in one case branded Focus (other two came with Mavics.)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

pgd-pgd wrote: »
    Had a focus myself . Wheels were pure cr*p , Fell to bits after 3 weeks had to get back wheel totally respoked by a proper wheel builder. If your going to Eurocycles don't use the Swords Branch go to the Longmile Road.The so called Bike mechanics took a chunk out of my frame and couldn't adjust my gears right and told me a load of Cr*p as well. Had to service the bike myself after they were at it .

Much more impressed with the Guys in Longmile Rd. and Sth. William branches.

The wheels that came with my variado weren't great - upgraded to aksiums after a few months and immediately noticed the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pgd-pgd

Yeah would certainly recommend the Aksiums for starting off any way.Never had much trouble with Mavic Wheels over the last few years as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Board2Death

Yeah was looking at the Izalco, comes with mavic wheels i think

My focus came with DT Swiss R1900. Good enough but are heavy if you look at weights on the websites. I snapped 1 spoke in about 2500km which is OK. Check the specs of your bike for which wheels are standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

The lads in Eurocycles are more than up to the job.For wheelbuilds however,the wheel will be sent into Cliff in S. William St,other branches do the same.As for a "chunk" out of the frame,did you report it to the manager,what was the outcome???

Cyclesuperstore in tallaght repaired mine. First class job

Advertisement