Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing issue

Options
  • 08-10-2011 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

hi Reps.

can you please come back to me via pm as you promised me an answer latest this tuesday, and i havent heard a beep fr you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

finnteme wrote: »
    hi Reps.

can you please come back to me via pm as you promised me an answer latest this tuesday, and i havent heard a beep fr you?

Hi finnteme,

Thanks and apologies for the delay.

I will look into your query with my colleague Mark and advise you shortly.

All the best,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Hi, still havent heard anything. Please note that i want to deal with this matter via email/pm due my unregular working hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi, still havent heard anything. Please note that i want to deal with this matter via email/pm due my unregular working hours.

Hi finnteme,

The reason this bihh is hiher than the standard monthy price for a bundle even after the the credit were issued.

Is there is a one of broadband connection fee of €24.79 excluding Vat or €29.99 Inc Vat to connect the broadband.

This was outlined and must be ticked and accepted before the online order is processed.

However this is an one of charge and your bills from now on will be:

eircom Next Generation Broadband REGULAR & eircom talktime chatter

- €44.98 per month first 6 months.
    Standard price €51.78* thereafter

* Price includes line rental and VAT
    * Ideal for downloading music, large files & Internet browsing
    * Up to 8Mb uncongested broadband
    * Unlimited usage allowance
    * Unlimited local & national calls off–peak†
    * 30 FREE any network mobile minutes off–peak

Thanks, Mark

ok, i was in that thought that that oneoff fee was vaived due the all problems that i had to become a customer with Eircom.

I think i have that email somewhere. Please deal with my issue in pm and email as i asked, thanks.

Found it:
    'I have issued a credit on your account for the connection cost of €20.65 given the problems and delays you had in transfering the account back to eircom. The credit will show up on your next bill.'

so this hasnt nothing to do with the connection fee? And during the order i was given that influence that connection is free etc? (Customer service called me) This is really starting to be hassle now and regretting that i changed back to Eircom.

And when ordering, this was visible:
    Web exclusive

Order this online to get FREE broadband connection worth €69.

And when i changed my phoneline back to Eircom, i was told that they will fix the phoneline and broadband order at the sametime, but guess what, i had to order it separatly etc..

ok, i was in that thought that that oneoff fee was vaived due the all problems that i had to become a customer with Eircom.

I think i have that email somewhere. Please deal with my issue in pm and email as i asked, thanks.

Found it:
    'I have issued a credit on your account for the connection cost of €20.65 given the problems and delays you had in transfering the account back to eircom. The credit will show up on your next bill.'

so this hasnt nothing to do with the connection fee? And during the order i was given that influence that connection is free etc? (Customer service called me) This is really starting to be hassle now and regretting that i changed back to Eircom.

Hi finnteme,

The downgrade fee was waived and there was the line rental connection waived as well that you were charged on you previous bill.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi finnteme,

The downgrade fee was waived and there was the line rental connection waived as well that you were charged on you previous bill.

Thanks, Mark

and i appreciate that the downgrade fee was faived, after i was basicly missold a product that i cant have... :mad:

Not a happy customer at all.

But ok, i will stop arguing here, since this is not going anywhere.
    Definetly going back to some other provider after my contract is up.

Reps: If you have any comments, please do it via pm

and i appreciate that the downgrade fee was faived, after i was basicly missold a product that i cant have... :mad:

Not a happy customer at all.

Hi finnteme,

I appreciate that, however the connection cost is seperate issue. I investigated and responded to the two previous issues and found in both instances the line connection and downgrade charges should be credited.

The connection cost is standard fee to connect the broadband service and is not connected to your previous issues.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shers100

Just recieved my first bill from Eircom net generation broadband and surprisingly or unsurprisingly saw that the amount owed 74.95 was more than 25 more than the price i was quoted on the phone when ordering. Having had similar issues when ordering previously i ensured when asking what all charges were and was told in no uncertai terms that the cost of the broadband was the cost of the package and it was on special offer. I then proceeded to ask about line rental and was told that a one of connection charge was payable which i have paid. Having been a customer at a previous address i looked back on my bill and charges and saw that i was not charged any of these "connection charges and service charges" and was charged just the price of the broadband(49euro) I am wondering how a company can offer a package for 51 euro which covered all charges and then send a bill. Who is culpable? And was this a blatant lie to me? I hope not and is the contract which i have signed a legally binding due to the lie/accidental misinformation. I would never have signed up for broadband at a cost of 75 euro a month and that is before the "deal" expires in three months.... Any help in resolving issue would be much appreciated as the idea of dealing with the miasma that is the telephone help line sends shivers down my spine . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

shers100 wrote: »
    Just recieved my first bill from Eircom net generation broadband and surprisingly or unsurprisingly saw that the amount owed 74.95 was more than 25 more than the price i was quoted on the phone when ordering. Having had similar issues when ordering previously i ensured when asking what all charges were and was told in no uncertai terms that the cost of the broadband was the cost of the package and it was on special offer. I then proceeded to ask about line rental and was told that a one of connection charge was payable which i have paid. Having been a customer at a previous address i looked back on my bill and charges and saw that i was not charged any of these "connection charges and service charges" and was charged just the price of the broadband(49euro) I am wondering how a company can offer a package for 51 euro which covered all charges and then send a bill. Who is culpable? And was this a blatant lie to me? I hope not and is the contract which i have signed a legally binding due to the lie/accidental misinformation. I would never have signed up for broadband at a cost of 75 euro a month and that is before the "deal" expires in three months.... Any help in resolving issue would be much appreciated as the idea of dealing with the miasma that is the telephone help line sends shivers down my spine . . .

Hi shers100,

Thank you for posting on eircom's Forum on Boards.

Please PM me your home phone or eircom Account number and I will check with Customer Care and investigate your query.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement