Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wellies for a 1 yr old?

• 08-10-2011 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Hi my sister is looking for wellies for her little boy. But she cant find ones small enough anywhere. I think she said he was was size 2 or 3 also said that when she got his feet measured she was told he had quite narrow feet which will make it hard to get shoes.

Anyone know where I can get wellies this small for her? Seen small ones in Next but only girls Peppa Pig ones not great for a boy :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

oooh that's a tough one...I take it he's walking? I don't know do they make wellies that small for the simple reason babies either won't be walking at that stage, or will be in their buggies when out and about? Unless you try Clarkes?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

heatons or Dunnes.
    The 1st size we needed was a 4.

Don't worry about width in Wellies just every day shoes, is he a D or E fitting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Hes been walking since just after 10 months :) not sure now what fitting she said he was but the person who measured him said he had very small feet for his age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah, Ive never seen smaller than size 4, but Pennys are small fitting for shoes in my opinion, might be worth a try.

Next, Dunnes and Tesco do size 4 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I had the same problem with my little lad.. he was walking at 11 months and was really steady and fast form early on.. we actually couldn't get shoes to fit him for about a month cos he had narrow feet and the shop just didn't have his size.. had to order them in for him :rolleyes: ..

We went to Austria in feb and he was 13 months i got a size 4 wellie in penneys and 2 pairs of socks on him seemed to work only he hated them and wouldn't wear them :eek: He's a 4.5 on one foot and a 5 on the other foot.. his size 5 foot is narrow and his 4.5 foot is wider :rolleyes: so it'll be fitted shoes til he's about 8.. same with my eldest girl..

• Advertisement
Advertisement