Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BABY WETSUIT OR SWIMSUIT

Options
  • 08-10-2011 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi there, I'm looking for a wetsuit or a swimsuit for my 6 month old son. I want to start bring my son to the swimming pool so would prefer to get a wetsuit to keep him warmer as pool water is not the warmest otherwise I could but one of his coloured vests on and nobody would be he wiser. I have checked mothercare and Debenhams, they dont have them. Has anyone any idea where I could get one. I'm based in the west of Ireland but could travel to get one. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Mothercare usually sell them although they were sold out in September whenni went looking. A wetsuit would be better. Also try adverts.ie and other websites for a 2nd hand one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We got ours new on e-bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Iv seen them in mothercare... The one in the jervis center i think

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Aquababies.ie and waterbabies.ie both sell them. Mothercare had them, I got one in March, but didn't see them in the Blanchardstown branch on Wednesday. I'd definately recommend getting one. I bring my baby to a cold pool in Naas and she is always really warm under it. I have to keep moving to stay warm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Im going to go afgainst the flow and say dont se a wetsuit jut a swim nappy. Pools wll have a thermmeter up where you can see the temperature. Most are fine for babies for the short time you'll have them in the water (you'll see them going blue if nt!). It's after you take them out and they are wet in the cooler air that they wil start to get cold. What we found was that getting the onsie off just added to the time he was wet & exposed whereas with just the swim togs the job was done much quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

i just bought a wetsuit from this site with the nappy cover thing!
    http://www.konfidence.co.uk/acatalog/baby_swimming_items.html
    Haven't used it yet. Hope to get to the pool this weekend.

Advertisement