Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to buy new oil tank

• 08-10-2011 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I got oil delivered yesterday morning before work and came home around half five to the smell of oil out the back!!

I big crack in the tank and oil dripping out!! Disaster, rang brother and sons and they manages to tip it on its side to stop the oil leaking any further.

Where can i buy a new oil tank and what price should i expect to pay??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Sorry to hear that Maiden. I'd say Galvin's Yard, Shannonside or Peadar O'Keeffes would be able to sell you one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Had the same problem some years ago. Bought the new tank from Shannonside since they deliver my oil anyway. I think the tank was about 260 Euro including fixing and including pumping the oil from the old tank and pumping it back into the new one.
    Prices might have changed since then, though. And it depends on the size of the tank.

If you know any farmers you can ask them if they are interested in the old tank. They cut them in halves and use them for cattle feed or such like. Saves you the disposal of the old tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 redzobo

Hi I have a tank you can have for free (1150 litres), its in good condition , PM me if your interested (Im in Naas)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭skingtile

ring all the oil companies, they are eager for business. and when they supply a tank they hope for follow on business. but more important is why your tank cracked. check the base for even support. it is most often the cause

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Hope that you have not lost much oil into the surrounding ground as it is highly polluting and will ruin water supplies etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement