Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you health conscious?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Abi wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I'm sure I'd be able to get a hold of some of those pittas. I'm the same re normal bread, my stomach does be in bits after eating it =/

If you want a really nice alternative, you can make your own wraps very easy, blend 4 parts carrots to 2 part apple to 1 part flaxseed, blend until well mixed together, then spread flat and dry them out in a dehydrator/low oven for about 10 hours, not really convenient but if you make a lot in one go they'll keep and will be great with some veg inside or even just to snack on by themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭eirn

I never gave my health a second thought, never had to worry about my weight, and just lived on typical student food.

Then just over a year ago I had a succession of health problems that hit me like a ton of bricks. I could barely get out of bed in the mornings, and would fall asleep again as soon as I got home.

So over time I had to totally change my diet, and I am now quite conscious of the type of food I eat, and how it's produced.
    I would usually try and go for local produce when possible, I'm not too obsessed with it being organic.

I take supplements and excercise whenever I can too. I wouldn't say I feel 100% better, but at least I feel my age again and not like a little old lady:)
    I think women maybe equate nutrition and supplements with looking well. If I lost weight instead of gained when I got sick I probably wouldn't have been as bothered, I know thats really stupid, and I'm just talking for myself here not women in general!

Advertisement