Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Sean Gallagher telling lies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Bannasidhe wrote: »

ok I admit it - I have been known to include the words American and Imperialism in the same sentence during a rant...

Haha ,

you have a bad dose of social partnership

http://www.ilo.org/public/english/bureau/inst/publications/discussion/dp15404.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

CDfm wrote: »

Maybe - or a lot of experience in studying Imperialism....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

The issue of MMG's non American Investor friendly credentials could equally be levelled at Mickey D.

Foreign policy wise he may be to the left of MMG and it is Phil Hogan of FG who raised the US investor as an election issue.

The president has a very important ceremonial function at foreign affairs and many people have pointed to Mary McAleese's contributions to the Peace Process.

So it is a bit more than ceremonial .

Do not agree there, and McAleese, Ahern's and several others conrtibution to the peace process vastly overstated and overrated IMO. Right place right time ie in office, but like all politicos will take credit anyway. Look at Michael D.....would you be afraid of a national treasure in the form of a leprechaun?

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I'd tend to agree - personally I'd want a signed letter as proof.

But that's just me; some people haven't looked for signed resignation letters from others re organisations they were in, so we don't actually know when they resigned, or if they did at all. Apparently we can't take Gallagher's word for it.

So I'd guess that yet again I'd be alone in demanding proof of resignation from all parties, since others seem to by happy to forego the requirement for that proof, and are obviously going to treat Gallagher with the same approach.

I think you are putting work style practices into a political party into a work style "master and servant" relationship.

Has anyone left a football team or not turned up at something or walked away from a gym membership etc.

I think Wolfe Tone's point is that that would actually make Gallagher look worse, because if the letter isn't official then he wouldn't have even resigned from the executive!

i.e. no letter to show = no resignation from an organisation

That right, WT ?

You don't leave FF.....by once being a member its got you for life :D

My impression is that SG is a fifth columnist FF as that is the way FF do things....sneaky like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

I think whether he signed the letter or didn't , or whether he resigned from the executive or from FF itself , still points to the fact that he has been deceiving people

No way I will vote for another gombeen

I think you are putting work style practices into a political party into a work style "master and servant" relationship.

Has anyone left a football team or not turned up at something or walked away from a gym membership etc.

He didn't walk away , he was canvassing and giving FF speeches in Feb 11.......

A fair point - but few football teams have caused as much harm as the political party Gallagher claims to have left.

As a business man, and political operator, Gallagher has to be aware of the importance of PR and optics. HE has distanced himself publicly from FF - but without proof of a formal resignation has left the extent and timing of his disassociation open to speculation.

Gallagher's selling point to the electorate is his business acumen - yet he has failed to dot the i's and cross the T's on this - and, fair or not, association with FF is toxic right now. A smart businessman would surely have been more careful then to leave this possibly deal costing issue dangling - yet that is exactly what appears to have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I'd tend to agree - personally I'd want a signed letter as proof.

But that's just me; some people haven't looked for signed resignation letters from others re organisations they were in, so we don't actually know when they resigned, or if they did at all. Apparently we can't take Gallagher's word for it.

So I'd guess that yet again I'd be alone in demanding proof of resignation from all parties, since others seem to by happy to forego the requirement for that proof, and are obviously going to treat Gallagher with the same approach.

Maybe. But both McGuinness & Gallagher are running for president, and yet we have people looking for proof from one and looking for "inverse proof" from critics of the other ? It's laughable!

They both need to prove that they are not lying. Neither of them has credibility due to their past associations, so their words aren't good enough.

Of course, that last line alone should preclude them from a vote, if this country voted sanely and logically.

• Advertisement

A fair point - but few football teams have caused as much harm as the political party Gallagher claims to have left.

As a business man, and political operator, Gallagher has to be aware of the importance of PR and optics. HE has distanced himself publicly from FF - but without proof of a formal resignation has left the extent and timing of his disassociation open to speculation.

Gallagher's selling point to the electorate is his business acumen - yet he has failed to dot the i's and cross the T's on this - and, fair or not, association with FF is toxic right now. A smart businessman would surely have been more careful then to leave this possibly deal costing issue dangling - yet that is exactly what appears to have happened.

As a business man why is he looking for a job then? Surely the role will impact on his business acumen and is he that munificent and altruistic that he gets nothing out of it but the humble role of President?

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    As a business man why is he looking for a job then? Surely the role will impact on his business acumen and is he that munificent that he gets nothing out of it but the humble role of President?

I have no idea why he is running. I would conjecture that all the candidates believe they have something to contribute to the role...what they believe they will get from the the position is open to speculation until such time as they are asked.

I have no idea why he is running. I would conjecture that all the candidates believe they have something to contribute to the role...what they believe they will get from the the position is open to speculation until such time as they are asked.

Indeed, the others to a certain degree want the role as a politician, but SG does not fit that type to waste his business acumen for 7 years? Hmm probably just needs the job ie the salary, maybe as simple as that?

I just wouldn't want to put a higher standard of proof on him that has not been required of others on much more serious issues.

And, the social partnership policies could be equally levelled at all political parties that advocated the same economic policies, the unions and moreso the corporatist state that is unelected in Ireland.

Maybe. But both McGuinness & Gallagher are running for president, and yet we have people looking for proof from one and looking for "inverse proof" from critics of the other ? It's laughable!

They both need to prove that they are not lying. Neither of them has credibility due to their past associations, so their words aren't good enough.

Of course, that last line alone should preclude them from a vote, if this country voted sanely and logically.

I thought about that, if it did, Alan Dukes would have been the FG candidate.

Now I hasn't even considered SG as a candidate but do now & more credible than most.

I just wouldn't want to put a higher standard of proof on him that has not been required of others on much more serious issues.

And, the social partnership policies could be equally levelled at all political parties that advocated the same economic policies, the unions and moreso the corporatist state that is unelected in Ireland.

I thought about that, if it did, Alan Dukes would have been the FG candidate.

Now I hasn't even considered SG as a candidate but do now & more credible than most.

Alan Dukes?????? Mr Gamekeeper-turned-poacher recommending that we waste even more cash on the Anglo cesspit ? Are you serious ?

He may want to promote Ireland as an investment location to American Imperialists.
    Indeed, the others to a certain degree want the role as a politician, but SG does not fit that type to waste his business acumen for 7 years? Hmm probably just needs the job ie the salary, maybe as simple as that?

Now now, that was Mary Robinson who sent the C.V. out before the gig was up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Who puts their photo on their letterhead?? Is he some kind of crazed egotist? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

shivDCM wrote: »
    Association with FF is now more toxic than the IRA. Well deserved and so funny. They should dub anyone from FF with an actors voice.

Interesting that people value their economic position higher than their actual lives so.

Alan Dukes?????? Mr Gamekeeper-turned-poacher recommending that we waste even more cash on the Anglo cesspit ? Are you serious ?

Well remember the Tallaght Strategy and Dukes and that Tallaght II was rejected by Kenny. If I remember correctly the reason was that it cost FG votes even though it was good for the country.

The Pres cannot refuse to sign a "money" bill.

In terms of prestige etc , he would have been a fair choice, as a President and would put the countries interests before a party issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

As a business man why is he looking for a job then?

Because the bottom's fallen out of the smart homes market?

In terms of prestige etc , he would have been a fair choice, as a President and would put the countries interests before a party issue.

Don't agree. He certainly hasn't put the country's interests first since being installed at Anglo.

Probably a topic for a separate thread, though - although there is a link to Gallagher & FF because of Dukes' appointment and the reasons for same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Who puts their photo on their letterhead?? Is he some kind of crazed egotist? :)

I prefer this;

card_sean_gallagher_18.png

We need a President with melee defence. :P bit weak on leadership though.

Don't agree. He certainly hasn't put the country's interests first since being installed at Anglo.

In your opinion he is not doing a good job.
    Probably a topic for a separate thread, though - although there is a link to Gallagher & FF because of Dukes' appointment and the reasons for same.

But this is about SG and I am comparing him to the best of a bad lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭irishdude11

Here he is in 2010 at a friggin Ogra conference going on about how great the members of ogra are and how they will be the "future leaders of the party, and indeed the country". Sure ffs he is as FF as they come.

So he says he left FF in 09, yet here is in 2010 at a spouting ****e at an ogra a conference...he initiates the election campaigns of 3 FF TDs back in February...his 'resignation' letter only says he has to 'regrettably' resign from the National Executive because he has a lot going on.

Ill say one thing for him, he has that old FF tactic of denying basic reality down to a tee. Like Bertie saying he won it on the horses, or all the spoof Cowen and Lenihan were inflicting on us for the last few years...these FFs will look you straight in the eye and say black is white if they think it will advance their position.

Both are obvious liars and unfit for office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

The Sunday Business Post's Niamh Conolly reported on the letter in August, its existence is not in dispute. http://www.sbpost.ie/news/ireland/ff-told-gallagher-to-quit-executive-58064.html

he informed them in 2009 that he would no longer have any involvement in Fianna Fail.
    http://www.herald.ie/news/gallagher-rejects-claim-he-was-involved-with-ff-up-to-january-2900375.html

but yet we have campaigning for up 5 Fianna Fail candidates in elections after that.

Dara Callery
    http://mayotoday.ie/index.php/browse-mayo-news-by-category/mayo-politics/item/2269-tv-dragon-to-launch-callearys-election-campaign.html
    Charlie McConalogue
    http://www.donegaldaily.com/2011/02/22/lifes-one-big-drag-on-the-election-trail-for-charlie/#.TpCN2c630xA.twitter
    Brian Ó Domhnaill By-Election 2010
    http://www.thejournal.ie/gallagher-has-never-ever-been-secretive-of-fianna-fail-links-188368-Jul2011/
    Margaret Conlon
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0203/blog-magjoe.html
    and Ann Leonard
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74821527&postcount=4

campaigning for Fianna Fail for this government 2011

Did he campaign for the party or for individuals .

I am not defending him but I can remember the parents getting called by a friend back in the day that we knew was ex-FG to give Mary Bannotti(her of the I am a single mother campaign) a vote for President. It was a friendship thing and my parents did not belong to FG.

There seems to have been a lot of defections from FF from the rank & file well before the last election and people develop friendships. I saw Brian Lenehan at a funeral a few weeks before he died and speaking to the deceased son a few weeks later he hadn't seen him and was surprised as the father had been FF and really had ceased to be active.

When the ministers resigned en-bloc from FF and the Greens pulled out of Government the party machines largely seem to have fallen apart before that .

It is wooly and vague but local & local party politics is a bit like that and the whole drama queen resigning stuff at conferences etc does not happen.

campaigning for fianna fail candidate is campaigning for a fianna fail party their record and for a government thats our are system works

campaigning for fianna fail candidate is campaigning for a fianna fail party their record and for a government thats how are system works

And Martin McGuiness supporters are voting for their man who had no involvement in anything.

For Mr McGuinness there is, however, the small matter of the IRA. And if he really thinks no one’s interested, why is he so evasive? In interviews and debates, the candidate has insisted that he left the Provos in 1974, and was “never in the Army Council”.

Mickey Donnelly, a former colleague of McGuinness’s in the Derry IRA who recruited him to the organisation, told The Sunday Telegraph: “That is totally ridiculous. He is a compulsive liar about anything and everything. He lies even when he doesn’t need to lie.” Anthony Macintyre, a former IRA prisoner who served 18 years for murdering a member of the Ulster Volunteer Force, said Mr McGuinness’s denials “don’t stand up to any form of scrutiny”.

According to Ed Moloney, author of perhaps the best-informed history of the IRA, Mr McGuinness was its chief of staff from February 1978 to the autumn of 1982. Subsequently, says Moloney, he was the IRA’s adjutant-general, commander of Northern Command and chairman of the Army Council: top leadership roles throughout the Provos’ most savage years.

“I am surprised at Martin McGuinness’s assertion that he stood down from the Provisional IRA in 1974,” says a former Garda commissioner, Patrick Byrne. “I dealt directly with counter-terrorism from 1972 to 1992. McGuinness was a key man in the organisation.”

Some of Mr McGuinness’s activities on the IRA’s behalf continue to leave open wounds in Derry. In 1986, the city’s IRA quartermaster, Frank Hegarty, was exposed as a British informant and fled to England. Speaking to The Sunday Telegraph from her home in the Rosemount district, one of Mr Hegarty’s sisters – who refused to give her name – said that Mr McGuinness had lured her brother back from his English safe house to Derry in order that he could be murdered.

“[McGuinness] came across as someone you could trust,” she said. “He gave us his word that Frank would be safe if he came back, but we were betrayed by him.” Once Mr Hegarty had returned, the sister said, Mr McGuinness visited the family home several times, eventually persuading her brother to meet the IRA to “straighten things out.” Three days later, his body was found at the side of a road. When asked if she blamed the future presidential candidate for her brother’s death, she replied: “Yes.” How would she feel about Mr McGuinness becoming president of Ireland? “Bad,” she said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/8815887/Dont-mention-the-IRA-to-Martin-McGuinness.html

Modern Ireland has the Stickies in coalition with Fine Gael and Sean Gallagher who is fairly unblemished compared to the other candidates and probably reflects Ireland is getting dissed.

And Martin McGuiness supporters are voting for their man who had no involvement in anything.

Modern Ireland has the Stickies in coalition with Fine Gael and Sean Gallagher who is fairly unblemished compared to the other candidates and probably reflects Ireland is getting dissed.

Let's not derail the discussion by bringing Mcguinness into this .
    I personally think he is not fit for office either , but this thread is about whether Gallagher lied ( or not )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

This is all just the Fine Gael / JIm Mitchell machine at work, the best they can do these days is come on boards and spread rubbish.

Micky D has the election wrapped up anyway so none of this really matters, its like watchin hungry rats scramblin' for crumbs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Here he is in 2010 at a friggin Ogra conference going on about how great the members of ogra are and how they will be the "future leaders of the party, and indeed the country". Sure ffs he is as FF as they come.

So he says he left FF in 09, yet here is in 2010 at a spouting ****e at an ogra a conference...he initiates the election campaigns of 3 FF TDs back in February...his 'resignation' letter only says he has to 'regrettably' resign from the National Executive because he has a lot going on.

Ill say one thing for him, he has that old FF tactic of denying basic reality down to a tee. Like Bertie saying he won it on the horses, or all the spoof Cowen and Lenihan were inflicting on us for the last few years...these FFs will look you straight in the eye and say black is white if they think it will advance their position.

He also physically expresses the FFer way of talking out of both sides of their mouths.
    Gallagher = FFer
    Major fail.

books4sale wrote: »
    This is all just the Fine Gael / JIm Mitchell machine at work, the best they can do these days is come on boards and spread rubbish.

Micky D has the election wrapped up anyway so none of this really matters, its like watchin hungry rats scramblin' for crumbs.

Please withdraw this comment

I started this thread and I am not FG or any party.

I started the thread because I felt one of the candidates was repeatedly telling lies in interviews.

By the way who is Jim Mitchell ?

raymon wrote: »
    Let's not derail the discussion by bringing Mcguinness into this .
    I personally think he is not fit for office either , but this thread is about whether Gallagher lied ( or not )

I am not so sure he did.

Then again, the standards of truth in Irish politics is really really bad.

I started posting again in the forum as I thought the Mitch was getting a hard time and SG is also a fundamentally decent guy.

Neither am I by the way
    I started the thread because I felt one of the candidates was repeatedly telling lies in interviews.

Thats a bit hard on Dana
    By the way who is Jim Mitchell ?

Its a spell and incantation.

books4sale wrote: »

And the election has a long way to go.

Mitchell's working class credentials are a lot more humble than Michael D's .

And Mickey D hasn't been scrutinised yet.

I wouldn't bet the rent money on him yet as the election has gotten into the serious phase.

He is not fairly unblemished, he is a complete and utter disgrace. There is no point denying reality he was very high up in FF, and has been for years. He was the leader of ogra, he was on the national executive, he was going around campaigning for several FFers at the last election...he has blatantly lied about leaving FF. How can you leave FF yet still campaign for several of their politicians and go in and waffle on at ogra meetings? Do you think Gallagher would show his face at a SF youth meeting? Or a Labour youth meeting? The reason he shows up at the ogra meeting in 2010 is because he is 100% FF.

These FF traitors bankrupted the country and have inflicted untold hardship on countless people in Ireland for years to come. It would be absolutely ridiculous to now put a properpty developer, golden circle member, spoofer, 100% Fianna Failer in the Aras. How ****ing stupid are the electorate in this country? If Gallagher still gets a decent vote now that this has been brought out into the open I will lose all faith in the Irish public.

no whatboutery please we're talking and about sean gallagher here.

The fact that McG is unsuitable for office has no bearing on whether or not Gallagher lied or is trying to make us look like fools.

I object to whataboutery from the Shinners, so it'd be hypocritical not to object to it from others.

We need the full truth about each candidate so that we can choose the least worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

You may well have 'felt' this. You have not however clearly shown any clear lie. Rather insinuations based on your interpretation thus it is not likely for people to suspect you have an agenda.

You may well have 'felt' this. You have not however clearly shown any clear lie. Rather insinuations based on your interpretation thus it is not likely for people to suspect you have an agenda.

Oh come on

Gallagher has lied in every interview where he said he was involved in FF only until 2009.

Which part of this lie do you disagree with.

And I don't have an agenda. I belong to no party. I just don't want him to continue telling and retelling this lie ad nauseum

• Advertisement

He is not fairly unblemished, he is a complete and utter disgrace. There is no point denying reality he was very high up in FF, and has been for years. He was the leader of ogra, he was on the national executive, he was going around campaigning for several FFers at the last election...he has blatantly lied about leaving FF. How can you leave FF yet still campaign for several of their politicians and go in and waffle on at ogra meetings? Do you think Gallagher would show his face at a SF youth meeting? Or a Labour youth meeting? The reason he shows up at the ogra meeting in 2010 is because he is 100% FF.

These FF traitors bankrupted the country and have inflicted untold hardship on countless people in Ireland for years to come. It would be absolutely ridiculous to now put a properpty developer, golden circle member, spoofer, 100% Fianna Failer in the Aras. How ****ing stupid are the electorate in this country? If Gallagher still gets a decent vote now that this has been brought out into the open I will lose all faith in the Irish public.

He was not in government and hell I am not even an SG supporter here.

As for the Labour Party, I have learned more about them recently and am shocked.

The government of the country is run by a system of corporate statism called the "social partnership" which is not responsible to either the oireachtas or the electorate.

The Trade Union Movement and the Public Service are a big part of that model of government.

Personally, I have seen very little difference in the economic policies put forward by FF, FG or Labour in the past few elections and their support of the Euro was appalling.

The likes of David Begg sat on the Audit Commitee of the Central Bank .The likes of Begg were also fairly high ranking figures in Banking Regulation and choose to do nothing or even speak out even though the Central Bank was independent from the then government.

Sean Gallagher had nowhere near the influence that David Begg had.

http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/article_1021252.shtml

Eamonn Gilmore and Brendan Howlins trade union connections aint been able to unravel the public service overspend.

SF's policies are naive and not realistic.

If the President is to stand for anything it is about upholding and improving the democratic & constitutional nature of the state.

So here I am participating in Raymons most excellent thread.

I am being compararitive and not combative.

As for the Labour Party, I have learned more about them recently and am shocked.

The government of the country is run by a system of corporate statism called the "social partnership" which is not responsible to either the oireachtas or the electorate.

The Trade Union Movement and the Public Service are a big part of that model of government.

Personally, I have seen very little difference in the economic policies put forward by FF, FG or Labour in the past few elections and their support of the Euro was appalling.

The likes of David Begg sat on the Audit Commitee of the Central Bank .The likes of Begg were also fairly high ranking figures in Banking Regulation and choose to do nothing or even speak out even though the Central Bank was independent from the then government.

Eamonn Gilmore and Brendan Howlins trade union connections aint been able to unravel the public service overspend.

If the President is to stand for anything it is about upholding and improving the democratic & constitutional nature of the state.

Please read the title of my op

Stop trying to derail the thread.

If you have evidence that Gallagher lied or did not lie please feel free to contribute

However if you just want to talk about other subjects , please start your own thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Ignoring all the FF points, he still just isn't the right candidate TBH.

The man seems like someone you would run into the street lifting bags into the back of a truck or something.

I'm sure he is sound and everything but I don't think he'd make a very good president because I don't think he'd be a very good speaker. He is also a celebrity candidate and although I like his no poster campaign, I do not really want a celebrity candidate as president.

I do think he is undeniably FF through and through and if you don't want to vote for anyone with links to FF then you probably don't want to vote for him. I wouldn't call it a deal breaker myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Oh come on

Gallagher has lied in every interview where he said he was involved in FF only until 2009.

Which part of this lie do you disagree with.

And I don't have an agenda. I belong to no party. I just don't want him to continue telling and retelling this lie ad nauseum

I have seen SG on TV talk of his involvement with FF. I have heard him on radio encourage people to get involved in politics. I have seen letters that are dated early this year that show him resigning from some part of FF. And I have read various articles you linked as 'lies' which were nothing of the sort. You started this thread and are now unable to point to 1 specific lie despite being asked to do this many times.

Excuse me but what the in god's name are you talking about? This thread is about Sean Gallagher, my post that you quoted was about Gallagher yet you start mouthing off about some other stuff that has nothing to do with either.

We are not discussing 'David Begg sat on the Audit Commitee of the Central Bank', 'Eamonn Gilmore and Brendan Howlins trade union connections aint been able to unravel the public service overspend', or who is favorite to win the x-factor this year or whatever other random stuff you come up with. Irish politics is full of slimeballs but in this particular case we are focussing on Gallagher, if you want to talk about Labour or David Begg start a different thread.

Gallagher has been found lying through his teeth about his FF involvement. He says he was no longer involved with them after 2009 yet we have a video of him at an ogra conference creaming his pants over the 'future leaders of the party, and indeed, the country', we have evidence of him campaigning for 3 FF TDs back in Feb 2011, we have 'regrettably' resigning from the FF National Executive in 2011 as opposed to 2009 when he said he did. Nevermind that it seems he never actually left the party at all, he just resigned from the NE because he said was too busy.

I have seen SG on TV talk of his involvement with FF. I have heard him on radio encourage people to get involved in politics. I have seen letters that are dated early this year that show him resigning from some part of FF. And I have read various articles you linked as 'lies' which were nothing of the sort. You started this thread and are now unable to point to 1 specific lie despite being asked to do this many times.

Hey, Puff Daddy led a campaign to get people to vote a few years ago, maybe we should make him President? SG has lied through his teeth - see my post above.

How do you equate being no longer involved with FF after 2009 to SG doing all the stuff I mentioned in the post above. I have some family members who are hardcore active FFers and their involvement with FF over the last two years pales into insignificance comared to what SG was up to. I doubt we'd see Gallagher campaigning in an election for Alan Shatter/Pearse Doherty/Pat Rabbitte/etc...He campaigned for FFers in the last election because he IS FF, duh.

• Advertisement

The lie is that he said that he has not been involved with FF since 2009.....

Do you dispute that he said this??????

Or do you dispute the fact that he has been heavily involved in FF until just a few month ago.

Please be specific in your objection.

The man is a compulsive liar

I would prefer an honest person to be our president

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Do you realise that if Sean Gallagher is elected we will be paying him a pension probably for the guts of 40+ years .... we should vote for Michael D as on the law of averages he will be collecting a pension for the least number of years.
    As good a reason as any IMHO

Excuse me but what the in god's name are you talking about? This thread is about Sean Gallagher, my post that you quoted was about Gallagher yet you start mouthing off about some other stuff that has nothing to do with either.

Come off it.

Since when is it fair to just diss a candidate on a thread and not allow a counter argument or comparison to other figures in public life.

Jonniebgood1 nailed it , like him or not, there is no dark secret.

Now SG hasn't lied about his age.

Why this is relevant is. In 1974 , President Childers died at age 70 & his successor O' Dailagh who resigned in 1976 died in 1978 age 67.

Come off it.

Since when is it fair to just diss a candidate on a thread and not allow a counter argument or comparison to other figures in public life.

Jonniebgood1 nailed it , like him or not, there is no dark secret.

Now SG hasn't lied about his age.

Why this is relevant is. In 1974 , President Childers died at age 70 & his successor O' Dailagh who resigned in 1976 died in 1978 age 67.

What has Gallaghers age got to do with it .

He lied about his recent involvement in FF and did so repeatedly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I'm just saying that in tough times it might be a good idea to elect the person who in the long run will cost us the least ... and as Michael D is the oldest it's reasonable to expect that he would be collecting a pension for the shortest period of time.

His FF pedigree automatically rules SG out for me but I was just making a suggestion for anyone thinking of voting for him to bear in mind. Anyway he didn't lie he was just 'economical with the truth' in true FF style.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement