Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Sean Gallagher telling lies

1383940414244»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Unsubscribed from thread.
    It's like listening to a GPS or Steven Hawkings voice box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sadly the Séan is smeared yet again by the sheer force of obduracy.

A stuck record is right once a day...if only to obviously mangle a cliché! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

You have consistently come out with this accusation against anyone who questions, queries or asks for clarification of points. If you are not able to debate a topic then I am mystified as to what you are at.
    It is like your fall back, default line. When you are unable to debate the subject in an adult fashion you make accusations of 'whataboutery'. If you did not wish for debate of the topic you should have wrote a blog.

Untrue

Changing the subject is not a good debating technique. Very poor .

The op was very specific and your arguments did not address the point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

when posters get better facts and not hear say comments with addon's by posters
    and I think poster can answer for posters self
    don't you

Sorry Keltic .... I don't understand a word of that , have you had a few jars ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Sadly the Séan is smeared yet again by the sheer force of obduracy.

A stuck record is right once a day...if only to obviously mangle a cliché! :p

according to you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

raymon wrote: »
    Sorry Keltic .... I don't understand a word of that , have you had a few jars ??

have you
    or are you still posting childish comments :rolleyes: as you don't seem to have anything constructive too add :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

This sums up your contribution to the thread and the only defence of Gallagher you have been able to mount. Whatboutery.

I actually havent seen him do anything that I would consider dishonest and maybe it is all the speculation that I found unfair.
    swampgas wrote: »
    I asked you a straight question about MDH's honesty ...

And you answer with this waffle:

Are you sure you're not a seasoned politician yourself? You seem to be allergic to giving a straight answer to anything! biggrin.gif

I was trying to be diplomatic.

Do I think he has served the country well. No.

Has he been a good politician in terms of winning elections. Yes.

The two are not synonomous.
    How many interests can be served?

Lots , except they are not discussed in the Oireachtas and how mad is that. We are not children. His job was to get them discussed.

And, that getting back to MDH as per swampgas's question.

The Labour Party's interest is not synonomous with the National Interest. They are mutually exclusive.
    I wrote:

Being "no worse than others" is not good enough. We should expect far more from our leaders than merely being "no worse" than the conniving, the dishonest and the corrupt. What a low bar you set.

CDfm responded:

"Didn't I just. Though lots of international journalists do too."

A dreadfully weak, inadequate response. I've seen him respond to many such direct questions and statements with similar deflections, as others have also pointed out on a number of occasions. That's popularly known as "whatboutery" on Boards.

The field of candidates has been described as second rate and the contest seen as a nasty bitchfest.

If the bar is low that is not my business and if I make a point about our system of government to make the meaning clearer I get shot down.

MDH was there to look after all our interests not just those of the Labour Party and its constitiuency.

So maybe there is a reason to believe that this partisan attitude will influence his presidency -I have no reason to believe it will not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Ok

I've had enough of this tbh. This thread has been circling the drain for quite a while now. We're going round in circles and neither side of the debate seems willing to see the other side's view at all. The same points are just being regurgitated over and over.

Cheers

DrG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement